PDA

View Full Version : Hand Poured Plastics

Dr. MindBendo
05-12-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm looking to buy a couple of molds for 5" Senko type worms and 4" Roboworm type worms. I've looked online and found a few different sites. I was wondering if there are any local shops or other online stores you could recommend for molds. Any tips you can give me for pouring plastics are welcomed also.

Thanks,

bman90278
05-12-2011, 04:17 PM
U should lool at Del-mart dot com and see what's for sale. That will be a good starting point.

b

bman90278
05-13-2011, 07:36 AM
Here is another place I had bookmarked on my computer.

http://www.lurecraft.com/catalog.cfm/molds

Dr. MindBendo
05-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Del-Mart molds look top notch but are pricey. I want quality baits right off the bat so I may purchase their mold. So Bman you ever pour any of your own plastics?

kendo
05-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Del mart has great molds. I have a few from him and he makes great ones. Also you can check bob tackle shop and lure craft for silicon molds. If you want a good senko style bait to come out i would go with a 2 piece aluminum mold.

Dr. MindBendo
05-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I was leaning towards the 2 piece alum mold 5 1/4" Senko with 4 cavity's. $62.00 dayum!

kendo
05-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Yup they are pricey but here are the benefits of having them.
Quick cooling so you can pull the baits out faster (i use a fan to cool the molds i just poured while pouring other molds. by the time im done pouring one the previous mold is cool)
You can pour thousands of baits without the mold deteriorating (silicon molds breakdown)
If you decide to do injection molding you can modify these molds to accept the injector.
Depending on how many you want to pour, with 2 molds you could pour well over 100 an hour after practice.
They will last in storage for ages.
Aluminum molds will pour more smooth \ unified \ shiny baits.
I might have something in my storage PM me if your interested and I will let you know what I will be getting rid of.

bman90278
05-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Del-Mart molds look top notch but are pricey. I want quality baits right off the bat so I may purchase their mold. So Bman you ever pour any of your own plastics?

I haven't but I used to have a buddy who did pour his own back in the day. One day I would like to make my own.

Keep us posted how u do.

b