PDA

View Full Version : rod and reels

beaver825
05-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I am looking into purchasing a new rod and reel for me i have a shakespeare big water rod and reel already and want something to replace my little 5' bass rod that is 15 years old that I use at the pier. I was looking on the bass pro website at rods and reels. I saw some that were nice and kinda cheap just looking for something that i can use and not break the bank. I was looking at the offshore angler sea lion rod it seems fairly priced for what i can afford and it seems durable. the only problem is i need a rod that comes apart because i don't have that kind of room in my car lol. if you guys know of any decent rods under 50 let me know so i can research them and compare. thanks.
I was also looking at some reels that can use a higher pound fishing line. right now I am just using a simple shakespeare reel with 10 lb test. i would like a reel that can handle maybe up to 20 lb test for my new rod. i saw a cheaper reel called a Quantum blue runner saltwater spinning reel. i prefer the spinning reels to baitcasting because one i have never used a baitcaster and 2 i enjoy the feel of the spinning reel. the reel is like $25. if you guys know of some decent reels for under 50 or some combos that are decently priced i would love to know just interested in your thoughts and opinions before i go out and buy some new gear. just trying to educate myself.
just to let you know i do mostly pier fishing. some times i go out on a boat but its mostly from the piers.
thanks .

fishingforreds
05-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Have you checked your local tackle shop? Most of the ones I frequent sell used gear. You can get some top notch gear for great prices that way.

beaver825
05-13-2011, 08:49 PM
thanks I should look there I didn't even think about that