PDA

View Full Version : Another crappie morning on Isabella

Fishin Magician
05-11-2011, 03:34 PM
After waiting out the last cold front and wind for the last 4 days we finally had a good weather day. hit the lake at 9am and headed for my crappie bushes from last week. Arrived to find colder water, 62 today compared to 67 last week. Started off with what could best be described as a slow pick. only got 4 fish in the first half hour. started to look around some more and found a nice bush for a fish a cast for the next half hour. Bite slowed so I headed for my next spot. Again found them biting and put the wood to em' for another half hour or so. Finally had to leave at 11:30 to head back home and finish some much neglected work.
There were a few other boats in the same general area and they all were catching a few at least. The ones willing to look around a little harder were definitely doing better. All the bushes seemed to have a few fish but find the right one and it's on. 95% of the fish were keepers averaging a three quarters of a pound up to a pound and a half with only a few dinks.
I don't know how the shore fishermen are doing in the south fork but most north fork areas are still slow. Good weather is predicted for the next couple days then another cold front is moving in on Sunday.
Here is a pic of one of todays fish.
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/06878817.jpg

Skaguy04
05-11-2011, 03:51 PM
That does not seem like that "crappie" of a morning. At least you guys were getting them.

Bassnman Mike
05-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Way to wack em bud! I'll be out there tomorrow.