PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a part for a float tube

karlkrger
05-10-2011, 11:14 PM
i lost the plug for the tube float tube. im wondering if anyone knows where i can find that piece? i tried walmart. my friend adiablo420 went to kmart and nothing. i checked ebay and no luck. anyone got any ideas?

Flying
05-11-2011, 07:00 AM
What kind of float tube?

They are all different. You will more than likely have to contact the manufacturer.

.:LOLLY:.
05-11-2011, 07:38 AM
You can cut the hose and put a lever ball valve on there. Or call the customer service of the float tube manufacturer.

IncredibleHuck
05-11-2011, 08:05 AM
What is the brand of tube? Want to show us a picture of what is missing?

Sublime-Steve
05-11-2011, 08:53 AM
i bet a bike repair shop could help you out..

TheAsianGuy
05-11-2011, 09:53 AM
You don't need a plug for any tube that had been made in the past 12 years. The tube normally has a spring tensioned valve that prevent the air from leaving, and only allows the air goes inwards during pumping, until you press on the spring valve. Unless your valve is busted, that's a whole different thing. The bladder for the float is about $34 on average for most tubes. If you're talking about a pump valve adapter, most of the tubes takes inner diameter 5/8 clear plastic tube that you can get at the hardware store to fit over the valve's body and the pump's adapter's body, creating a solid seal bridge to introduce air into the bladder. I rigged mine for less than $1.54. I also grab a second inner tube 7/16 to act as a valve guide so I can use my pump to suck out the air real fast. That's $0.54. Combined together, I can pump my tube up or deflate it in less than 2 minutes.

Nessie Hunter
05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Boston Valve is most common????
Two lids that unscrew, Top one for Air in, bottom for letting air out..

Call BPS or the maker of tube.. The base/main section is glued to Bladder, not likely you lost that....

There is a round piece of plastic tag end, that goes around the Base/main piece, make sure that is all the way around and locked in the groove.. Or the tops will fall off and go Bye Bye.... It will also keep you from getting them tight, and it will leak air...

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=boston+valve&hl=en&prmd=ivns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5598673174580460492&sa=X&ei=3kfLTaiSOdHSiAKzmMyoBQ&ved=0CIABEPMCMAE&biw=785&bih=496#

$5....