PDA

View Full Version : 5/9 trip

hooks
05-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey Viners,
Arrived at 4:30am to find one car. By 6 there was about 8 cars. I launch and head up the west shore to troll. By 7, there was about 5 boats on the whole lake. The water temp. was 68 all day long. The 1st lap around the lake yielded nothing but rain around the dam. It continued to rain lightly for the next 45 minutes. I ended up down in the trees in the flats to soak some mack. After moving around in the trees searching for kitties for several hours and no bites, I'm ready to give it up. I got back out on the lake and dropped the lead core again. About 1/2 way back, I hook up with a 3 pound rainbow. After no more hits, I stopped along the west shore to bait fish some more. By now it's noon and the wind is whipping across the lake pretty good. After an hour of floating a crawler half way across the lake, I'm bored and start trolling again. Soon after setting the lines out, the lead core is getting hit pretty steady. It gets hit probably 15 more times over the next 2 hours. I managed to get only 1 of these to the net though. A mirashad I was trolling on the top nails a 5 pounder (probably my biggest bow this year). The wind was hell this day but it was great having hardly anyone out.
til next time,
tight lines...

Frequent Flyer
05-10-2011, 04:58 PM
nice trout fishin is pretty much ovr for this season down here othr than san bernadino mtns. sucks but good job on the 5 lbr.

karalm
05-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Nice job hooks!! Way to stay and dig one out. When you are sitting one in a boat and the wind is blowing, the front acts like a sail and moves you back and forth and you also have to change your engine speed. At least that was what I also was dealing with last week when I trolled in the afternoon. Glad to hear you got your PB for the year!!

hooks
05-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Thx guys,
2 weeks ago, I was sure trout season was over. As long as this cooler weather holds out, I think the trout bite will too. THe water as definitely cooled the last several days. I did see fish on the surface this time and caught one (5 pndr.) It had 4 broken lines coming out it's mouth.
These partly cloudy cool days we've been having, should turn the trout back on at least for a little while.
I also seen guys slaying the bluegill and crappie.
:Fishing Catch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PVUit1-0Ck&feature=player_embedded
:Dancing Banana:
:Beer Toast: