PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on Fishing/Camping/Etc. this Weekend (Fri./Sat./Sun.)?

rotto84
05-09-2011, 08:57 PM
I usually don't head up the 395 this early in the year, but I am hoping on making it up there this Friday/Saturday & Sunday (May 13-15). I usually camp somewhere on Rock Creek, but I am flexible. Much of what I am going to end up doing depends on the weather.

Any suggestions for fishing & camping? I like fishing streams, but some of them might be flowing too fast. I usually use 2 lb. test on spinning gear, and spinners or salmon eggs.

I would appreciate any suggestions for camping and fishing for this early in the year.

THANKS!

yztim
05-10-2011, 12:48 PM
I will be up next weekend and will hit convict for my first time with the bishop creek. My regular spots, south lake and rock creek, are still solid I think.

IncredibleHuck
05-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Millpond outside of Bishop is a nice campground.

sierraslam
05-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Iris Meadow on Rock Creek is open. Campsites right on the creek were available Sunday. The creeks are running pretty fast, but there's fishable waters. I'd try Rock Creek, Rush, Upper Owens ect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vacZCZGWal8 Here is the creek at Iris meadow

sb fishing
05-10-2011, 07:31 PM
keep going north.... try doc and al's is bridgeport.... right on robinson creek.

sierraslam
05-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Robinson is a great choice agreed. Paha is one of my favorite spots on Robinson Creek. The Walker is close as well as the Twin Lakes.