PDA

View Full Version : Perris Lake this Saturday?

TheAsianGuy
05-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Anyone here wants to hit the water this Saturday? Found a couple of guys here want to go fishing, and will be using my tubes. Will be hitting the water early on Saturday. Just want to meet up with a few FNN-ers to chat while hitting the water. This time, I'm bring my waterproof camera to capture any awesome moment to post rather than some cheesy phone camera.

jig'n
05-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I haven't taken my tube out to Perris in about 3 years, due to back issues. But since I am doing better I was thinking about Saturday morning as well. I used to tube with out waders and just shorts and maybe a shirt. Is that water warm enough for that yet?

And usually out of Sail Cove.

TheAsianGuy
05-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Way too cold for shorts, unless your manhood can stand the chill :Surprised: Average temp is 55

jig'n
05-10-2011, 09:50 AM
That sucks, swear I was tubing a few years ago in May in shorts. When do you think the water temp will be up enough to tube in shorts?

And good luck out there!

Flying
05-11-2011, 07:37 AM
That sucks, swear I was tubing a few years ago in May in shorts. When do you think the water temp will be up enough to tube in shorts?

And good luck out there!

I've been going wet since mid April. Weather was very warm then and surface temps were from 62 to 74.
The last 2 weekends have been cold and windy with surface temps at 64 and air temps at 70 and windy. It wasn't very fun. I don't show up before 9am so its not too bad but I know other regulars that get there at 6 and go in wet. We all have old tubes so we are wet up to the waist which I'm sure makes a big difference.

My comfort level is 70+ water temp. This is mainly to avoid calf cramp. Perris starts getting up there mid to late May.

This weekend end looks like another low 70's weekend so I'm getting the waders out again.

TheAsianGuy
05-11-2011, 09:22 AM
You guys are crazy. The lake reported in the water avg was at 55 at 7am. Temp don't raise up to 64 until 10am. Avg peak temp 4 ft below surface is around 11am, which is 68. Short before 7am? Errr..no. Best time to hit the water around 6am in shorts is between Jun 10th to Oct 16, according to the historical temp records anyway. There's a TMDL group at my office doing water quality sampling, so they have all the records for the past 20 years or so. They're normally out there by 5:30am to do water quality sampling for lab analysis.

BIG RED
05-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Was at Lake Perris today water temp was 67. Caught 3 bluegill and 9 redear, nothing special----fishing was slow

fishmounter
05-11-2011, 03:43 PM
BIG RED- Wonder why it is so slow? Was out shore fishing last Friday and got quite a few, but most were small. Are you or d1LedHed going out Friday? I have got to get back on the water.

TheAsianGuy
05-11-2011, 04:10 PM
It rained just the other day. Cold front affected the fish feeding habits. They dived deep to scavenge for the grubs at the bottom since the rain and cold front invert the good stuff left behind during the other downpour. Weekends would be perfect, when the temp start to level out, and the feeding for surface bugs would be optimal. Pray to God that the temp would be in the high 70's at 8am. Feeding frenzy would be achieved.

fish-o-haulic
05-11-2011, 04:13 PM
when you mean early do you mean like 5:00 early. because i learned how to fish from old school fisherman who get up at like 4:00 am. And i barely ever find people who get up that early anymore for fishing.

BIG RED
05-11-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't know. We fished saturday and caught some really nice bluegill

TheAsianGuy
05-11-2011, 04:20 PM
I mean as early as the park allows me to fish. If Perris don't have hours restriction, I would have been in the water from 5pm to 11am the next day.

QB7940
05-12-2011, 03:37 AM
Ive tubed Perris in December at 7am with shorts before and have caught some awesome fish. Couldnt stay longer than an hour and a half though and it takes 10 minutes for you to lose the numbness in your legs. fishing before a storm front can be great.

Kelster
05-13-2011, 12:50 PM
My B-I-L wants to shore fish there this Saturday, so I will leave tube at home and take him. It has 10-15 years since I have fished Perris even though it is 15 minutes from the house. guess we'll go to the marina pick up some worms, crickets, bait and find out where is a good place to shore fish. I will also take some jigs, plastics, and other artificial s to throw out there. Will be all C&R and an opportunity for me to check out where I want to go in the next couple of weeks with my tube. I will keep my eyes open for you tubers out there. I'll be the guero trying to remember how to fish showing my B-I-L how it's done. Yea that's right, the blind leading the blind. Beats yard work.

tacklejunkie
05-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Perris has hours? Oh crap. lol