PDA

View Full Version : WTB off shore set up

Thisfool
05-09-2011, 04:03 PM
ok so im looking to spend about $100 for a offshore set up my main goal is to toss jigs for the cudda but it would be nice to have a all around set up.

plz pm or reply if you have something that fits my bill.

thanks guys

ghetto dad
05-09-2011, 05:16 PM
ok so im looking to spend about $100 for a offshore set up my main goal is to toss jigs for the cudda but it would be nice to have a all around set up.

plz pm or reply if you have something that fits my bill.

thanks guys

dont take this wrong...but there really is no "all around" rod and reel bro....

but yeah..for a jigstick..get at LEAST an 8 foot rod....rated 20-40......
you can go all kinds of ways with reels..for the price..Id get a Newell 322 or 332 LIGHT as hell, and you can cast a mile with them

good luck bro

GD

Swank909
05-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I have a Kencor 9' 20-40# for 70$, a Newell S-332 for 100$ (fresh 30lb mono), also have an 8' Sabre 15-30# for 40$ and a Sealine-x40HA (practically new, with fresh 40lb mono) for 70$. I can knock a few bucks off if you buy a set up.

fishdo0do0
05-09-2011, 07:09 PM
i have a custom jig stick rated 20-40lbs and 8' long(all black) has Fuji Sic guides and cork grip. lmk i'll let it go for 80$ if you come pick up...i can send pictures if you send me your email address...

Swank909
05-09-2011, 07:29 PM
i have a custom jig stick rated 20-40lbs and 8' long(all black) has Fuji Sic guides and cork grip. lmk i'll let it go for 80$ if you come pick up...i can send pictures if you send me your email address...

Thats a great deal, price is worth the guides alone. What blank is it?

ghetto dad
05-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Thats a great deal, price is worth the guides alone. What blank is it?

lmfao...where are you thisfool?? ure rods gonna get poached by swank! LOL

GD

Swank909
05-09-2011, 09:48 PM

GD

Lol no, just asking for Thisfool. I'm happy with my Teramar for now lol.

Thisfool
05-09-2011, 10:12 PM

GD

lol im here im here dont take my ish lol.

cool thanks for the info ghetto dad i was sure there was no such thing as an all around rod but i was hoping i could get close like the meduim action bass rods work for catfish trolling for trout and obiously bass i was just hoping to get a multie use rod.

ghetto dad
05-09-2011, 10:33 PM

cool thanks for the info ghetto dad i was sure there was no such thing as an all around rod but i was hoping i could get close like the meduim action bass rods work for catfish trolling for trout and obiously bass i was just hoping to get a multie use rod.

wait..WTH??? you were asking about a cuda rod!!! lol now im lost!!

GD

ghetto dad
05-09-2011, 10:37 PM
lol...nm...i re read that..i get it now

you said "all around"....not "multi use" lol...

yeah a jig stick can be "multi use" but an "all around rod" (and this is what I got from basically 98% of people asking about that "kind") would be a rod you can take with you and pretty much catch everything on....

IMO..if ure getting started SW boat fishing..since its spring/summer..depending on your "plans"....you would need THREE rods to get you by, with pretty much anything. 12 lb rod/reel, 15 lb rod/reel, and 25 lb rod/reel....i can pretty much take those 3 rods..and fish anything coastwise, or at the islands....

GD

ghetto dad
05-09-2011, 10:40 PM
oh one more piece of advice...

get 8 foot rods...better casting, and also helps keep ure line out from the boat when fishing.....

only time you would want to go shorter (7 foot or lil shorter) is on a heavier rod....like a 40 lb rod if youre fishing bigger fish....

GD

Swank909
05-09-2011, 10:44 PM

I have a custom Phenix 7'11" 15-40# 2-8oz that I use for inshore bassing (calicos mostly), but it can easily throw some 8" Hudds, do some local rock fishing, and throw some tadys or live bait for Cuda and schoolie yellows (although it really wouldn't be recommended).
You could probably find something like that? But you should really consider investing in a decent set up, really only need like 3 basic setups for local fishing, or just buy my stuff :Twisted:

ghetto dad
05-09-2011, 10:54 PM
I have a custom Phenix 7'11" 15-40# 2-8oz that I use for inshore bassing (calicos mostly), but it can easily throw some 8" Hudds, do some local rock fishing, and throw some tadys or live bait for Cuda and schoolie yellows (although it really wouldn't be recommended).
You could probably find something like that? But you should really consider investing in a decent set up, really only need like 3 basic setups for local fishing, or just buy my stuff :Twisted:

so you use the same lb test for all those????

GD

Swank909
05-10-2011, 07:15 AM
so you use the same lb test for all those????

GD

Lol I didn't say I actually do any of it with the rod, but it is possible. With the introduction of Braid all you really need to do is switch out your topshot / leaders.

ghetto dad
05-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Lol I didn't say I actually do any of it with the rod, but it is possible. With the introduction of Braid all you really need to do is switch out your topshot / leaders.

technically..even without braid..you could just add a topshot to mono too...lol....

just get three rods thisfool!!! LOL

GD

vuanhquoc
05-10-2011, 04:41 PM
i have calcutta 400s with Clarus 7'9". caught bunch of cudas and bass on this setup. pm me if me you're interested,.