PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Rez........

sb fishing
05-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Has anyone had dealings with the owner of the Marina, good or bad?

Viejo
05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Being a local....I would think you would have already made up your own opinion.

sb fishing
05-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Viejo, I have. Just want to see if anyone else is seing what I'm seeing.

tizzfishin
05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
From what I know he is a dip ****. Why pay to launch when there is a free ramp towards the dam. My dad is a local and have never heard anything good about the guy. I was up there for the opener. Didn't catch a lot but they were all nice sized. Biggest was 4lbs rainbow on the troll.

billy b
05-10-2011, 06:45 AM
I kinda had a run in with him ... others saw it and said he has a freakish nature ...

He seems overly hyped up ... comes running up to you and starts yelling ... and raises his voice to be bossy.

He made me wonder how I would cope with doing business with you and avoiding him

I know his parents owned and operated a marina (Convict?) ... maybe that's where the stress came from

He seemed very reasonable and pleasant on the phone beforehand ... at least reasonable. Could be all the stress of dealing with live customer needs?

BTW ... we rented a boat for Sunday afternoon and a chair was broken ... could happen to anybody? ... jus sayin

BTW ... the lady was awesome ... and the boat attendant was just fine ... FWIW

Matt44
05-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Are we talking about jeff? I stayed at the rez 3 times last year and had no problems at all. He's good people, yes at times he's loud but I think he's just hyped up iv never seen someone so happy when people bring in fish. Never had any problems with boat rentals or anything else. If u don't wanna pay the fee then launch at the other ramp. The rez is the best fishing in bport other than the walker wouldn't you wanna protect it? Just get to know the guy and have conversations with him and u may change your mind! Ill be there thurs!

Big Country
05-10-2011, 04:41 PM
had similar experience as billy b did a few years back. We were kind of taking back by what he was doing and saying, but we just chalked it up as part of his early morning demeanor trying to get boat renters handled and everything go right off the bat.

How has the fishing been sb???

Hooked Up
05-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Yes, and it wasn't good. :( I guess yours wasn't a good one? So you are not the only one. I guess I will have to fish Twin Lakes instead! Darn it! Haha :)

sb fishing
05-10-2011, 07:28 PM
@ Billy not doing business there anymore. I will be using the public launch. Sucks I can't use the Marina and the docks but I can't have him yelling at my Clients anymore. Ya, the gal is the best and the kids are ok.

@ Matt glad you have not had any bad dealings.

@ Big C.... will be on the water for the next 6 days will give a report then, as of now the water is a little cold still.

@Tizzfishin... Who's your dad. Like the guy already, lol.

@ Hooked up, yes was bad and the off colored remarks about my race didn't help.

been dealing with this for as long as he has been there. Bad for all!