PDA

View Full Version : pyramid 5/7/11

Philly_D
05-08-2011, 01:37 PM
got to the lake at 8:00 (late because i took my brother and his wife) backed the boat in the water, while the engine was warming up thought i make a cast with my trout rod to see if they were still around after being stocked days prior. slammed one on the first cast. bro and his wife starting complaining cause they just wanted to boat around for a bit. wanted to catch more before heading out but didnt want to hear them *itching. so headed out looking for schools of striper at the dam, no luck. being with a complaining female drove me to beaching the boat and fish from shore. tried plastic worm for a while, no luck. after reading someones post a couple days ago about catching with cranks I switched to a rapala, which i never use. Slammed 3 largemouth and 1 small. in a matter of 15 min. Let my bro make a cast with the only crankbait i had and he got stuck and lost it. No more largemouth the rest of the day :Crying:. went to 2 other beaching spots, cast out a chovie got 2 small striper, and 2 cats. will definitely be buying more crank baits, will definitely not be taking bros wifey again. overall good day.3037630375

fishfinder
05-08-2011, 01:55 PM
yea, when i bring the wife i just leave the pole at home. gonna try something new this year though. gonna drop the girls off at the beach somewhere so us guys can fish for awhile.

Philly_D
05-08-2011, 02:04 PM
yea, when i bring the wife i just leave the pole at home. gonna try something new this year though. gonna drop the girls off at the beach somewhere so us guys can fish for awhile.

yeah, leave them with an umbrella, food, tanning oil, and tell them we'll be back at 5:29 (boats off at 5:30)

fish-o-haulic
05-08-2011, 09:09 PM
yeah, leave them with an umbrella, food, tanning oil, and tell them we'll be back at 5:29 (boats off at 5:30)

Thats why only my grandma is the only women aloud to fish with me. And thats only when i fish with my uncle and grandfather. Shes been fishing all her life so she knows what to expect while fishing. Took my mom once to castaic lake we shopped for the trip the day before but she wouldnt let me get nightcrawlers or chovies cuz she didnt want em in the fridge. She complained about getting up at 4:30 and then wanted to shop even more for the trip for a bunch of food ice drinks and and other unnesesery stuff the morning of the trip. Didnt end up getting to the lake around 9:00 and the guys at the bait shop said fishing had been rough that past few weeks, overall a miserable trip because we didnt catch a thing. And whenever i go on a major fishing trip i take food and some drinks and put them in a chest but not to that extreme. To make matters worse she got mad at me for us leaving so late. Never again is all i can say, Never again.

laserbrn
05-09-2011, 08:06 AM
My girlfriend keeps bugging me to take her out to the lake. I really don't get it. I have a 14 aluminum FISHING boat. This ain't no pleasure boat and the only pleasure I get is from bending rods and peelin' drag. I really don't want to listen to her ***** the entire time, but I feel it's the only way. So I'm figuring I will take her out in the DEAD of summer when we are getting buzzed by guys in pleasure boats, she's roastin' her *** off and the whole experience will hopefully be miserable. I think windy would be good. Maybe I'll wait for the hottest, windiest, most f*ed up day so it's rough and hot (which is usually the way she likes it). It'll be YEARS before she asks to go out again. I'm sure she won't forget the sunburn too quickly. haha.

Philly_D
05-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Thats why only my grandma is the only women aloud to fish with me. And thats only when i fish with my uncle and grandfather. Shes been fishing all her life so she knows what to expect while fishing. Took my mom once to castaic lake we shopped for the trip the day before but she wouldnt let me get nightcrawlers or chovies cuz she didnt want em in the fridge. She complained about getting up at 4:30 and then wanted to shop even more for the trip for a bunch of food ice drinks and and other unnesesery stuff the morning of the trip. Didnt end up getting to the lake around 9:00 and the guys at the bait shop said fishing had been rough that past few weeks, overall a miserable trip because we didnt catch a thing. And whenever i go on a major fishing trip i take food and some drinks and put them in a chest but not to that extreme. To make matters worse she got mad at me for us leaving so late. Never again is all i can say, Never again.

Yeah, I think most women dont understand us fishermen develope a system. Espsecially when it comes to space on the boat!

Philly_D
05-09-2011, 10:27 AM
My girlfriend keeps bugging me to take her out to the lake. I really don't get it. I have a 14 aluminum FISHING boat. This ain't no pleasure boat and the only pleasure I get is from bending rods and peelin' drag. I really don't want to listen to her ***** the entire time, but I feel it's the only way. So I'm figuring I will take her out in the DEAD of summer when we are getting buzzed by guys in pleasure boats, she's roastin' her *** off and the whole experience will hopefully be miserable. I think windy would be good. Maybe I'll wait for the hottest, windiest, most f*ed up day so it's rough and hot (which is usually the way she likes it). It'll be YEARS before she asks to go out again. I'm sure she won't forget the sunburn too quickly. haha.

haha! yeah, you should definitely go when its scorching. And when all the bugs are attacking your face in the summer.

Smells like fish
05-09-2011, 09:50 PM
I go to to the Eastern Sierra trout season opener with 50 to 70 guys and not one female cuz....who wants to hear: "I'm cold, I'm hot, I'm ungry, I'm tired, I'm bored, you don't pay attention to me, too many bugs" ugh, forget it.

fishfinder
05-09-2011, 10:28 PM
that reminds me of a story my uncle told me about my aunt/his siter when she wanted to go deer hunting with him and his friends.
first of all they all live in minnesota and this happened about 30 years ago, and everybody got their deer back then. without much effort i might add.

So they start out by loading her down with geer, and they are off for a nice long hike, telling her you gotta hike to get to the areas where the deer hang out.

After about 3 hours of hiking basically around in circles, she says she has had enough, and no longer wants to deer hunt any more.

So they hike around another hour just to be sure and lead her back to the cars.

She hops in one of the cars and heads back to home.

My uncle and his friends hop in the other car, and drive a few miles down a couple old dirt roads. pull the car off the side of the road, and then open the trunk and pull out a case of beer, and start downing the suds, and walk down to a little lake just off the road and just wait for a couple hours and as the sun is getting low in the sky, here come the deer walking down to the water, and it was easy pickins for the hunters.

To this day she is still a little mad about the trick they played on her. but she still doesn't want to hunt.

So next time you take the girls out fishing. take them on the windiest, coldest/hottest day and make sure there are no fish in the area, and then you will be set.

Philly_D
05-10-2011, 07:22 AM
that reminds me of a story my uncle told me about my aunt/his siter when she wanted to go deer hunting with him and his friends.
first of all they all live in minnesota and this happened about 30 years ago, and everybody got their deer back then. without much effort i might add.

So they start out by loading her down with geer, and they are off for a nice long hike, telling her you gotta hike to get to the areas where the deer hang out.

After about 3 hours of hiking basically around in circles, she says she has had enough, and no longer wants to deer hunt any more.

So they hike around another hour just to be sure and lead her back to the cars.

She hops in one of the cars and heads back to home.

My uncle and his friends hop in the other car, and drive a few miles down a couple old dirt roads. pull the car off the side of the road, and then open the trunk and pull out a case of beer, and start downing the suds, and walk down to a little lake just off the road and just wait for a couple hours and as the sun is getting low in the sky, here come the deer walking down to the water, and it was easy pickins for the hunters.

To this day she is still a little mad about the trick they played on her. but she still doesn't want to hunt.

So next time you take the girls out fishing. take them on the windiest, coldest/hottest day and make sure there are no fish in the area, and then you will be set.

Great story!! Every man should do this!!