PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell Reef Perch Report

jdietze
05-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Had a little free time before the in-law's invaded the house for the afternoon, so I headed down the street to Taco Bell Reef for a little perchin'. I was pretty stoked cause I knew the tide was going to be just right, even the though the surf was a little big for perchin'. Threw on a grub, and first cast went sideways so I threw it back out into this nice little rip I had had spotted down the beach, BAM!!! First perch of the day in 2 casts, so no stinkin' for me today. Stayed for another 1.5 hours, and ended up with 5 more little BSP's (all about the same dinky size as the one pictured). The weird part was I ended up with this really gross clear slime stuff on my hook twice, pretty sure it was small jellyfish, but was wondering if anybody else had had that same experience? Hope you all enjoyed...

exfactor
05-07-2011, 08:01 PM
It was in Goleta today 2. Salmon trolling you have to clean your gear every hour it's so thick

ghetto dad
05-07-2011, 09:55 PM
great job man...yeah..I noticed that too today..the surf was unusually large...and the "side" current was just stupid!! it has NEVER been that bad for me....bad timing..cuz i had a couple guests that I wanted to put on some fish....cast out..and before you know it....youre all the way left...and usually with weeds too (those were thicker than normal today too!)

GD