PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood 5/7

a321eric
05-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Went to the Wood today for about 4 hours. Was able to pick up 6 largies on the drop shot. I also got my brother on 2 nice spawning fish, one of them is his pb, we didnt weigh it but it looked like it was about 3 1/2 lbs

Good day out there, also seen a bald eagle swoop down on a trout today. pretty sweet.

Sublime-Steve
05-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Niiiice man. get ur *** down to perris. its nice out there

seal
05-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Where the hell were you? The wind was nuts today, how'd you see um on the nest?

Just jealous, I was in a tube and got blown away, only managed trout on the fly and few bumps from LMB's on brush hogs, oh well....

a321eric
05-07-2011, 09:15 PM
At my secret spot that no one will ever know about. I used my go-to bait, carolina riggin an Ice Jig tipped with meal worms!

Haha lol na, I was over in Miller. and finally got on some good fish at the Wood. :]

seal
05-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Lot's of secret spots at the Wood, most are too lazy to find um though, congratulations again!

a321eric
05-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Haha thanks. We need to meet up sometime and fish the Wood together.

Socal Bassman
05-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Sounds like a good time at the Wood. Good job out there!

FishinFireFighter
05-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Nice! We went to the other side of the lake yesterday and managed 7 stripers and two largemouth. The largest striper was 6.5/ LMB 4.12. Looks like the bite was on for the whole lake, lately it seems like its on one side or the other.
Nice to see someone else get some out there!

mxwrench
05-09-2011, 09:10 AM
I went 5/6 and managed 10 decent LMB. 2 were 5lb+.
Only 2 in the morning, rest came with the afternoon bite.

Water temp am:60deg
pm: 63deg

I still think the wood is in a prespawn/staging phase, w/some beginning to fan out beds. These screwy weather patterns we are having with weekly cold fronts moving through are causing the bass to reset their spawn intentions. But all in all the fishing has been pretty good the past few weeks.

I still haven't managed a 38+ fish day, but I'm working on it! man it sure would be nice to stumble upon a crankbait frenzy like FFF did!

Looks like this friday will be the best day this comming weekend. Se ya'll there!!

a321eric
05-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Ya I'm hoping this crazy wind stops and the weekend is nice. I caught fish staging, in prespawn and spawning mode, there all in different stages.

FishinFireFighter
05-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Ya I'm hoping this crazy wind stops and the weekend is nice. I caught fish staging, in prespawn and spawning mode, there all in different stages.

This sounds like what Ive noticed around the lake also, the water temp at the back of the lake near the inlet is warmer so thats probably the reason. Those cold inlets in miller and cleghorn are keeping it chilly on the front side but weve managed a couple there just not any epic days worth talking about. Im going to vegas today or id be there right now, its NICE out here today and I bet the bass are hungry from that cold front that just passed.

seal
05-10-2011, 01:57 PM
This sounds like what Ive noticed around the lake also, the water temp at the back of the lake near the inlet is warmer so thats probably the reason. Those cold inlets in miller and cleghorn are keeping it chilly on the front side but weve managed a couple there just not any epic days worth talking about. Im going to vegas today or id be there right now, its NICE out here today and I bet the bass are hungry from that cold front that just passed.

Even in the cold front they were biting, but not aggressively, very light takes. I'll take care of the lake for you while your gone, gonna go try and prove you correct on those bass being hungry today!

a321eric
05-10-2011, 02:42 PM
hmm what time and where are you going to fish at? I may have to take a drive up to the WOod?

karlkrger
05-10-2011, 11:18 PM
hell ya dude... way to get out there and make it happen
Went to the Wood today for about 4 hours. Was able to pick up 6 largies on the drop shot. I also got my brother on 2 nice spawning fish, one of them is his pb, we didnt weigh it but it looked like it was about 3 1/2 lbs

Good day out there, also seen a bald eagle swoop down on a trout today. pretty sweet.