PDA

View Full Version : May 6th Vine Trip Report.......

karalm
05-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Got to the lake today, 7th in line, a little foggy and it stayed that way as nice and cool until 9am. Temp for the lake was 68-72 for the day. Started w/ some bass spots as my plan in going to the west shore but no go. Was throwing crankb's and creature baits. Tried a troll for trout while overcast on the bouy line and west shore was a no go w/ 3 colors used. Went to Trout Island for bass and scored the 1st LMB as a dunk at a pound. Worked the flats and trees for bass and crappie and no go. Went to the cliffs and Rocky Pt and score the 2nd bass shown here at 1.5 lbs. Work some more and its about 1pm now and figured to work my way back on the troll. Started heading for the west shore and two colors out and BAM - Bendo and start working him back to the boat, got a couple good head shakes and bring it to the boat and net and when barely getting it into the net, it shakes, spits and splits :Crying:- G Dam it, would have been my personal best Trout for the year and was at least 4 or 5 lbs gone!! Oh well. Worked a little more and then called it a day.............

Rooster
05-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Nice report, Thanks for posting up.

hooks
05-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Thx, for the report. I'm glad to see the water temp is still holding. I was sure it was going to jump into the high 70s last week.
tight lines.....

Hitts0n
05-07-2011, 03:38 PM
nice catch!

karalm
05-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks Hitts an d also thanks for the note but will be in Catalina during the event!!