PDA

View Full Version : 8/6/07 Daveys Locker - Western Pride

bigfishlittlefish
08-06-2007, 09:30 PM
My wife & I & her cousin's family did our annual moo-moo thang. Took the PM 1/2 day around the pipes.
Per Davey's report:
48 Calico Bass
19 Sand Bass
2 Barracuda
6 Rockfish
4 Sculpin
5 Sheephead
1 Sole
Jackpot was won by the 'cuda.

As for the 5 in my party, we had a number of short calicos, too many to count. None of us have ever hooked up so many on a 1/2 day boat. Other shorts caught by my group: sculpins, sandies & macks. We also lost several hooks to, what I presume are, 'cudas. (Hard strikes followed immediately by lost hooks.) We kept 2 calicos & a mack.

Don't know about the others, but the 2 sea lions that swam among our lines didn't bother our fish nor our bait.

My barely legal calico. Please not the item pinned on my shirt. This is what happens when one fails to bring his license.
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/100_0789a.JPG
My cousin-in-laws' son
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/100_0788a.JPG

This was the most pleasant time we had on a moo-moo.

bflf

seanboi
08-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Excellant catch!!! I was on the am trip on the western pride we did pretty well too. Great boat

ghetto dad
08-07-2007, 05:20 PM
great report man!!! i LOVE calico fishing, but since my kids love to eat more than i love calico fishing, i never get a chance to go cuzz i have to work!!!!! damn kids!!

synenergy52
08-07-2007, 06:55 PM
What time was that trip? morning or noon trip?

bigfishlittlefish
08-09-2007, 08:19 AM
We were scheduled to leave @ 12:30 PM, but refueling took a while. Didn't leave until after 1:00. Some grumbles from other patrons, but personally, I'd rather wait for the refueling than be stuck without fuel although I do have a AAA card. They deliver a gallon if u run out.

bflf

JapanRon
08-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi bigfishlittlefiish,

Glad you enjoyed the moo-moo trip and hope you'll find they are a great way to do a fast effort-less way to calm the fishing shankes!!

thanks,

JapanRon