PDA

View Full Version : Fishin Rancho Jurupa

pelon951
05-05-2011, 03:37 AM
Went out in the afternoon for some carp action very hot day. Couple of guys there fishing as I walked up but moved to front lake or left and I had the whole lake to myself for a couple of hours. Didnt see any carp but I knew they were there hideing. After awhile of watchin time go by started changeing spots and checking my bait. My buddy showed up at 3 and put his line in to soak along siide mine.We started messing with his new bass lures to kill time he got a couple of light nibbles but no hook ups ,,at about 6 we'r messing around and have forgoten all about the carp poles when i hear a bell and I think to myself what is that ? OH CRAP !! its my pole!! Im about 20 yards away so i take off running my poles bent draggs whizzin I start reelin him in fight was on took me a little while to land him,he gave a good fight I thought he was going to be bigger than he was. That big tale gave him some power boy ...my buddy netted him and we put him on my scale he marked 7 lbs....set him free to fatten up for our rematch.20 minutes later my buddies bells going but he had his drag really loose and the carp dug into the back of the island and broke off his 6lb test .As we were leaving saw alot of fish showing in the shallows at the bottom cove carp,bass and two catfish plus a million blood hungry mosquitos..I beat the skunk but my buddy better luck next time http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k607/davidamezcua74/0504111839a.jpgtite linz

Frequent Flyer
05-05-2011, 04:50 PM
nice. love how the carp almost break ur pole or tak it in the water on the take

old pudd fisher
05-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Nice one ' pelon' Thanks for the report and pic...How is that place for bluegill fishing ?

pelon951
05-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys,carp bite is still slow and the bluegill are small with the occasional keeper.Perris lake redear are huge. I would go there 10 bucks per car to fish cant beat that