PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon 5/4

eggot
05-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Did my usual after-school sesh for a couple hours today. Forced to fish the lagoon today which I hate fishing in the afternoons. Didn't wanna carry the backpack in this heat so I stuffed 4 sets of plastics into my pocket and went northbound on the east end. Overall a tough day.. 95+ degree weather, sunlight reflecting off the lake into my face (hence why I hate afternoons at the lagoon), and the bugs were out in full force. Also overheard a couple bass boat guys complaining about how they aren't biting even though the conditions are nice. To top it off, the wind starting kicking up less than an hour into my session. I decided to give up and walk back to my car in defeat. On my way back, that voice in my head kept saying" cmon, one more cast" so i said what the hell. Plus I didn't go thru my whole rotation of plastics yet. So i stopped, re-rigged, and put on the money-maker. First cast and I was rewarded with this nice fatty. Went around 18'' ish so I'm guessing it's in the high 3-low 4lb range. Happy with that result, I decided to call it quits so I could make it home in time for the game. When all else fails, small lures + finesse always comes through in the clutch.

Anyways, LETS GO LAKERS!!!!!

Coefficient13
05-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Good job beating the skunk.

Was out on my kayak today, kicked off by wind for a bit. Then rocked the cove directly across from launch and drift dragged a plastic worm for a fine fish.

I paddled into that wind to test out my temporary anchor, though... and am excited to receive the real one in the mail. Next trip main lake, I think.