PDA

View Full Version : $99 Overnight San Clemente Island Special On Thunderbird (May 2011)

webmaster
05-04-2011, 06:22 AM

The Thunderbird is running almost nightly to San Clemente Island for the low price of $99 on the weekdays and $109 on the weekends. With fuel prices so high this is a incredible price. Captain Jeff Markland and gang have been doing very well on rockfish at San Clemente Island this last month and surface action for yellowtail and white sea bass should start anytime. Lots of fun fishing with these guys.

Here is a link for upcoming trip dates http://www.daveyslocker.com/overnight-deep-sea-fishing/for May 2011.

Recommended tackle for these trips is 25 pound test with 10 to 12 oz toperdo sinker and 1/0 hooks for deeper rockfish and 6 oz toperdo with size 1 hooks for shallower fishing. Live anchovies and sardine has been working great along with fresh frozen squid. Also be prepared to fish surface and jigs. Hope everyone can make it out.

David
949-673-1435
www.daveyslocker.com (http://www.daveyslocker.com/)

King Halibut
05-26-2011, 02:01 PM
I understand that the Thunderbird doesn't know the difference between Blue Perch and Calico Bass?
Pretty east to tell them apart...................

If I'm to believe JapanRon, don't think I'll be riding the Thunderbird any time soon.

Unattentive crew, lousy bait and free rides to family and friends.

Not a great way to run a business in my opinion, sure not worth a $100.00 bucks!

KH

KILLA
05-27-2011, 10:20 AM
I understand that the Thunderbird doesn't know the difference between Blue Perch and Calico Bass?
Pretty east to tell them apart...................

If I'm to believe JapanRon, don't think I'll be riding the Thunderbird any time soon.

Unattentive crew, lousy bait and free rides to family and friends.

Not a great way to run a business in my opinion, sure not worth a $100.00 bucks!

KH

OUCH! X2, hope u guys have a chat with the crew.

fasttimes90
05-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Hmm no one from Davys locker has a reply to this upset customer! Shame shame

Marley
05-27-2011, 05:17 PM
This needs to be addressed...Hopefully a board mod or admin can bend an ear over there? This kind of stuff is what makes kids turn away from our favorite passtime.

DaveysLocker
06-03-2011, 01:02 PM
RE: Davey's Locker Response
Fishermen,
I sincerely apologize for your experience on the Thunderbird. I am very sorry for the late response on this topic, honestly I was just shown this discussion by one of my deckhands just a few minutes ago. That being said, if you have an issue with a trip please contact me or anyone else at Davey's Locker Sportfishing, we received no calls or emails. There is no way we can tell if something is wrong or a customer is unsatisfied if we are not contacted and told about an issue. I love fishing network and many of the other sites but cannot troll every site looking for complaints/recommendations if you ever have an issue with any boat or operation try talking to someone at the landing so that it won't happen again or to anyone else.
Let me try to help with a few of the items that you mentioned in your report.
1) Amount of People on Board – Anglers look around for the best prices and which landing and boat are catching what. At the beginning of each day we usually only have 8 or 9 reservations for a lot of our overnight trips, especially on weekday trips. Customers call around to multiple landings all day and say they will call back to make a reservation, when people finally do call back it is around 6:30 – 8pm and we do get a good amount of walk ins for overnight trips. This is what leads to the fluctuation from a post at 8am and the number of people that are on board by the time the trip goes out. Just because there are more people on the boat does not mean it’s full of “deadheads”.
2) Live Squid – I am truly sorry about them not having the live squid on board right when you got on the boat. They thought about getting it earlier in the day but figured if they kept it at the receiver rather than in the bait tank it would be fresher and have more live squid than sitting on the boat all day. The crew was going to try and get it tanked up right before the customers got on board for the trip but ran out of time, I am sorry for that. Fortunately, the bait barge is located right on the way out of the harbor and a 10 minute stop can get you filled up.
3) Fish Counts – This is a SERIOUS issue and the first time I have heard anything about it. Captain Jeff and his crew are amazing guys and I trust them with full confidence. I am not saying this is you, but it is not uncommon for a person to complain about not catching fish when everyone around them was and they didn’t. I could go into this with great detail but I won’t. I will look into this and if I find anything I will let all of you know and the problem will be remedied.
4) Crew Fishing – This too is a SERIOUS issue. I myself am a fishermen, well… I try to be, and this is one of my biggest pet peeves for wherever I go, and I fish a number of locations. I want you to know that this will be fixed. Sometimes there is a need for a crew member to fish, some people might disagree with me on this, but let me explain. I have been on trips where no one was catching anything and the “experienced” crew member who is on the water every day figures out a pattern and saves the day. I am also fine with a crew member fishing “if they Hook and Hand” to someone that needs a little help. That Is It!!! A galley cook should always be in the galley ready to assist anybody and everybody.

I will look into this and the owners of the business and the boat have been notified of this complaint. Please, if you ever have a problem with Davey’s Locker Sportfishing please contact me directly and we can work it out.
david@daveyslocker.com
natalie@daveyslocker.com
(949)673-1435 ask for David or Natalie

Thank you, and again I apologize that you did not enjoy your experience. I hope that you will give us a try again in the future and we can earn back your business.

David @ Davey’s Locker Sportfishing