PDA

View Full Version : While we are waiting.........

karalm
05-04-2011, 05:37 AM
for the re-do on the Masters or talk about the upcoming Crappie tourney, has anybody been fishing?? Water Temp recently? I am going this Friday and hitting those little hogs.

VineAssist
05-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Karlam,
I will give you an update on the water temperature later on in the day..

If you are after the bass I would recommand a topwater type lure in the mornings and then a jig or worm during the day. If the wind picks up and puts a chop on the water I would defintley try a spinnerbait or swimbait.

If trout are your game I would head to the west shore and bait fish with powerbait or nightcrawlers. Trolling is still very good as well. Try the area near the dam and the west shore.

Crappie fishing has been red hot drifting mini jigs and mealworms in the flats area.

karalm
05-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks Vine Assist
Just two additional questions then while waiting for the temp. Where are the bass more concentrated for the top water lure (west shore, flats by the trees or sierra cove?) and where in the flats for the crappie drift (by the inflow creek or trees or open deep water?) I know you all want me to catch fish (as the slogan goes) so just a little more intell please.........

the killa fish taco
05-05-2011, 12:15 PM
hey jimmy, can you hook and hand me a fish while you are at it? get the beach ready for the Master's. i need my spot back. :)

VineAssist
05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
for the crappie by the trees near the cliffs on the outside of them..

as for the bass I would be concentrating on the west shore/woodys cove area..try and find the shad stick around that area because the fish are not too far behind

VineAssist
05-05-2011, 04:33 PM
68 to 73 on a freinds lowarance

karalm
05-05-2011, 05:29 PM
VineAssist,
Thanks as always for the info and see you tomorrow!!

reeladdiction09
05-06-2011, 06:00 PM
vine assist you said my favorite two words in the same sentence... swimbaits and bass. Ive yet to stick a big fish on that lake with the swimbait but this summer im looking forward to throwing some shad and bluegill style baits. Any other forage fish the bass feed on?

VineAssist
05-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Pretty much anything and everything they can get there mouth around....hahahahha

For me sticking to the 7 and 8" Triple Trout or a Huddelston has always been great out here. I have not gotten a lot of bites but the ones I do are generally pretty good