PDA

View Full Version : pyramid lake trout fishing

TrOuT FeVeR
05-03-2011, 06:59 PM
pyramid got stocked today with bunch of trout.they stocked by the boat launch .trout boiling all over the place.my buddy and i ended up with 9 fish total.most productive baits were spinners like panther martins thomas bouyants mepps spinners rooster tails.so head out there and fish under the bridge and cast out as farr as you can towards the docks and im preety sure you will catch fish.this is were all of our fish were caught.good luck

fish-o-haulic
05-03-2011, 07:45 PM
pyramid got stocked today with bunch of trout.they stocked by the boat launch .trout boiling all over the place.my buddy and i ended up with 9 fish total.most productive baits were spinners like panther martins thomas bouyants mepps spinners rooster tails.so head out there and fish under the bridge and cast out as farr as you can towards the docks and im preety sure you will catch fish.this is were all of our fish were caught.good luck

To be honest im surprised people can still catch trout out of pyramid with all the stripers around. back in the ninetys they stopped stocking pyramid with trout because all of the stripers would eat them immediately as they came off the truck. from what i understand stripers still do that but not as much as they used to.

TrOuT FeVeR
05-03-2011, 08:32 PM
yes i agree i thought the stripers would be eating these things but no. there were dead trout all over the place the stripers would probably eat those soon.but good action today out there and probably good action tmmrw as well.

fish4keep
05-03-2011, 09:28 PM
To be honest im surprised people can still catch trout out of pyramid with all the stripers around. back in the ninetys they stopped stocking pyramid with trout because all of the stripers would eat them immediately as they came off the truck. from what i understand stripers still do that but not as much as they used to.

Back then, there use to be a bigger population of big stripers. Nowaday most stripers there are schoolies.............

fish-o-haulic
05-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Back then, there use to be a bigger population of big stripers. Nowaday most stripers there are schoolies.............

Yep. striper fishing back then was actually better too. you used to be able to catch a limit of stripers that were probably no less than 8 lbs when they did have a limit on stripers because they also took the limit off of them in the nintys and brought it back in the late ninetys early 2000's. Now espcially as the years progress stipers get smaller and smaller and more and more difficult to catch. Even though i remember back in the summer of 05 pyramid quail and castaic lake were having pretty good striper bites with big stripers to. since then fishing hasnt been as productive. Im starting to think that they actually are begging to get a handle on the striper pop, maybe even a little bit to well. One point in time that was a task that seemed next to impossible if it wasnt impossible.