PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris, bass fighting gone insane 5-1-2011

TheAsianGuy
05-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Okay..got to share this. So freaking fun that I didn't get it on video. Around 5:45AM, tubers scatter along the Bernacorsi Rd entrance to catch some major bass actions. Trouts were pretty much dead. Bluegills were biting hard. Some guy was casting near shore, about 100ft from the marsh. A large mouth bass napped his line baited with nightcrawler. Not sure what kind of fins he got on, but he was fighting that puppy for a good 25 minutes. He got dragged at least 300ft from where I was (offshore, west of the marsh). Once he returned, a good 15lbs+ large mouth bass hung on the side of his tube. We were cracking up for the entire hour, and in the mean while, he kept on getting hit with small mouths and gills using Thomas crank (blue-light green). Just right after that, multiple small mouth basses and bluegills started striking on crawlers and cranks. Me..nothing. You have to be at least 150ft offshore just to land a decent bite. I definitely need to get onto the tube next round.

oakboy
05-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Please tell me he didn't keep it...
KP

tree
05-03-2011, 12:36 PM
plleeeease say that 15 lbs largie was released....

i know theres more of them in there, but goddammit not all of them eat at once. i want a chance at that big boy

Sublime-Steve
05-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Small mouth @ perris?

fishntime
05-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Great it sounds like we have lost another fat bass, to a dinner plate! What a shame!

fishindude420
05-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Lost another teener due to bass eaters! No wonder why teener fish are so hard to find these days. Most of them already turned into poop and got flushed down the toilet!

TheAsianGuy
05-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Sorry guys. I think the tuber took it home. Not sure since I left earlier than they did.

By the way, based on the guys' really expensive fishfinders, they detected freakish schools of either trouts or basses circle the mashes all along the southeast to the southwest. They know the differently between the gills and . They've been feeding near the surfaces all week long. Watch for the moon phases. They tend to eat more often and fiercely during the new moons..or so the boys with the fishfinders proclaimed.

Sublime-Steve: You'll be surprise how many small mouths got nabbed. I thought someone released a truck load of it somewhere without us knowing the few days before. But they've been elusive for the past months or so due to the odd weathers.

adiablo420
05-03-2011, 05:57 PM
dude.. you just gave me a bass woody... I'LL BE THERE THIS WEEKEND... FA SHO...

fishmounter
05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
What!? SMALLMOUTH BASS IN PERRIS!? I am down there, especially in that area, all the time. I have never seen one single Smallmouth Bass. Little bass with small mouths yes, but never a Smallie. I don't think the State would ever stock Smallmouth Bass in Lake Perris. And a 15+ lb Largemouth Bass... why didn't you take a pic of it? It's possible that a guy caught a big bass, but I'm not too sure about a 15 pounder... I want to believe you dude, but I'm having trouble... But on the other hand, a guy did just catch a 5.55 lb Redear at Havasu recently so anything's possible....

skunked again
05-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Very... fishy story.

Sublime-Steve
05-03-2011, 07:26 PM
lol jeff... for real... and yea seems a bit fishy to me to john

a321eric
05-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Haha, maybe the spotties are back lol

If I was there and seen some1 keep a 15lber I would walk over and cut his stringer.

tacklejunkie
05-04-2011, 12:05 AM
No smallies re Perris.

If it was on a crawler, affirms my oxblood statement.
Or Holo shad. lol

Socal Bassman
05-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Smallies at Perris... That's a good one.

QB7940
05-04-2011, 05:17 AM
there are no smallmouth bass at lake perris. and i doubt bluegills were taking thomas crank lures. but at the same time this could be bs and youre setting the hook on me. fishy indeed...

tree
05-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Haha, maybe the spotties are back lol

If I was there and seen some1 keep a 15lber I would walk over and cut his stringer.

Cut the stringer what? Cut his damn throat and toss him in the lake. see if the fish like eating him as much as he likes eating that bass.

jkjk of course... dont hurt anyone. its their right to keep a legal sized fish...

TheAsianGuy
05-04-2011, 12:35 PM
@fishmounter: hey, don't kill the messenger. four regulars confirmed and valid their catches for the "smallies". as for the 15 pounders, common, a phone camera can't zoom in over 200 ft away to take a clear shot. I'm lucky to just take that photo of the guy being dragged as clear as it was at that hour of the day. I left around 8:20AM, so, I didn't get a chance to meet up with those guys. I got eaten alive by the mosquitoes along the bank near the marsh.

@skunked: fishy story..well, it's yours to claim if you were there :Wink: since I was there only for a few short hours, each day, I can only report in what I've witnessed. I was on the bank. I wasn't in the water with them. I simply take notes on what they told me. like I said, don't kill the messenger :Neutral:

TheAsianGuy
05-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Just to prove to you that I can't get the proof even if I wanted to, here's a guy roughly 75ft from my position, with the highest power of magnification I can get my hand on. If I can't even get a clear shot of his float or the person sitting in that float, I don't think the camera will be able to capture that beauty of a catch unless he's got close up to the shore about 15 feet away. I wish I can provide the proof in the pudding for you guys, but hey, life's a *****. Can't have what you always wanted..you know? :Rolls Eyes:

fish-o-haulic
05-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Just to prove to you that I can't get the proof even if I wanted to, here's a guy roughly 75ft from my position, with the highest power of magnification I can get my hand on. If I can't even get a clear shot of his float or the person sitting in that float, I don't think the camera will be able to capture that beauty of a catch unless he's got close up to the shore about 15 feet away. I wish I can provide the proof in the pudding for you guys, but hey, life's a *****. Can't have what you always wanted..you know? :Rolls Eyes:

that camera is a heck of a lot better than the camera on my phone

TheAsianGuy
05-04-2011, 01:03 PM
LOL..time to switch up your phone model? Mine is a PDA TouchPro runs on a 3.2MPixels. I maxed out the digital zoom at 3.5x and that's all I got.

Sublime-Steve
05-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Got some redear today by the police dock on a panther martin :-) were u there today TheAsianGuy?

fish-o-haulic
05-04-2011, 01:18 PM
LOL..time to switch up your phone model? Mine is a PDA TouchPro runs on a 3.2MPixels. I maxed out the digital zoom at 3.5x and that's all I got.

i have to wait till august before i can do that

TheAsianGuy
05-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Steve, I wish. I'm there with you in spirit, but stuck at the office doing paperworks. Can't get out there until next weekends (3/14) early morning to mid day (5:30am to noon). In the mean time, I'll hit Lake Evans with my kids during Fridays when I'm off, and wife is away at work. Tyring to retrofit three of my Caddis Nevada float tubes in the mean time. Anyone want to join me then? Dying to catch the remaining basses if they haven't reaped them all. By the way, has anyone took on the smaller pond (33.8653, -117.1565)? The guy I talked to while fishing at the Perris' swimming beached said he caught an 8-pounder just a few days before 5/1 during the "Free camping weeks for Perris' residence" campaign. He said he used the dough bait he made for catfishes, and the large mouth napped it. I wanted to head over there so bad, but, dragging the entire family on foot all the way over there from the southern entrance..not gonna happen.

Kelster
05-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Are the tubers launching from Bersconi(sp) Beach or from the main entrance side and kicking across the lake to fish that area? thanks

Tom
05-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Got some redear today by the police dock on a panther martin :-) were u there today TheAsianGuy?

Pretty sure I seen you there today.

I went to sail cove later and the state stocked trout at sail cove 2000lbs

And three people got tickets for parking in sail cove wiothout disabled placards...That was NICE Finallly

Redear were biting well in sail cove also on small dare devils and flies behind a splitshot

SirBluegill
05-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey Tom, they didn't get tickets only warnings and they moved. But it was funny what the ranger said "once I start writing this ticket I wont stop!" that got the guy on the pier to move a little faster. I was fishing a bobber fly and a slip bobber with a total of 15 fish. 5 kept, 10 released. Where you on the pier Tom? I took a pic of trout stock, It was interesting.

Tom
05-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Hey Tom, they didn't get tickets only warnings and they moved. But it was funny what the ranger said "once I start writing this ticket I wont stop!" that got the guy on the pier to move a little faster. I was fishing a bobber fly and a slip bobber with a total of 15 fish. 5 kept, 10 released. Where you on the pier Tom? I took a pic of trout stock, It was interesting.

You must have seen me...lol
I was the OLD Guy using the cane in your picture

yes i was on the dock catching small redear for awhile

Could you believe how some of the trout were running up on shore as soon as they were released ?

Sublime-Steve
05-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Yea i was there early was with Tree he had on a straw hat n green shirt ... left like @ 9 and went to the boat launch, we saw like 10000000 what looked like shad but not to sure what they were. long skinny with stripes, kinda blueish, dead bluegill, looks like it had been attacked or something ..

SirBluegill
05-04-2011, 08:55 PM
I must have missed you guys because I think I got there around 10:30 or so. Here is Tom in action kinda cut out because I was trying to get a good shot of the stream of fish. and thanks for the good luck it worked :) Ya those trout look kinda confused, I saw some large splashes further out like 25 mins after they where released. I think some Bass had a good meal.

TheAsianGuy
05-05-2011, 08:44 AM
@Kelster: Martin Rd/Bernasconi Rd. Just park, trek straight into the down ramp, and float away towards the dam.

Kelster
05-05-2011, 11:19 AM
I used to park in that parking lot years ago, rode mtn bikes then. I know if the ranger isn't there you put your money in an envelope, just wasn't sure if you could launch from there or had to do it from the main side of the park. Thanks

TheAsianGuy
05-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Best thing to do is to get the parking receipt at the main entrance, and double back down to the southern entrance. The main entrance opens around 5:30AM, which I saw when I left the camp ground to head towards the launching area. I wouldn't use the sealed envelops..too many crazy people would love to grab it, even straight out of the metal deposit boxes. Best thing to do is just an annual pass for $125, and hit as many of the city's and state park's lakes as you can.

Tom
05-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Are the tubers launching from Bersconi(sp) Beach or from the main entrance side and kicking across the lake to fish that area? thanks

you can launch a Non motorized craft Float tube/sail boat from sail cove.
you just cant park there unless you have a handicap. They will allow you to launch your craft and then park in the parking lot though..just no parking near the lake

Sublime-Steve
05-06-2011, 04:44 AM
perris today ( fri ) see ya there

TheAsianGuy
05-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Steve, you're lucky son-of-a-fish! how the hell you get so much free time fishing man?!