PDA

View Full Version : Delta August 4th Bassing

lunker
08-06-2007, 06:43 PM
This is my first NorCal post. Went out on the Delta Saturday morning (the 4th) for 6 hours. Weather was nice. Went into Franks Tract. Caught a lot of small bass. Biggest two were over 6 pounds. Most of the fish came drop shotting, including the big ones. Also threw frogs, senkos, and swimbaits. Did get one on a 6" paddletail. Now it's back to Castaic and Casitas. I wish I lived closer to the Delta, it's my favorite 'lake' in northern California.

Lunker

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Delta.jpg

nandob25
08-06-2007, 09:41 PM
very nice catch! :thumb:

Sinjin Kim
08-07-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm so jealous! Very nice fish. As of now, I could only dream to fish the Delta and Clear Lake. I would love to fish frogs, buzz baits, flip and use other heavier beefed-up tactics for bass. This finesse fishing we have down here sucks at times. I hate dropshotting!

basscaptain
08-07-2007, 08:55 AM
What was your weight for the wild card?? I didn't get to see you weight in but Nice job I guess you must of won it

pargo lsb
08-07-2007, 01:25 PM
nice bass! wtg
why are the tail fins different on these lmb?

lunker
08-08-2007, 01:34 AM
That bass was a little beat up and her tail was a lil shredded. Still an awesome fish. They fight so hard living in that Delta. Way tougher than our lazy SoCal bass.

Sinjin Kim
08-08-2007, 01:49 AM
What was your weight for the wild card?? I didn't get to see you weight in but Nice job I guess you must of won it

I'm guessing you are referring to the TBF wild card for the Castaic Classic right?

basscaptain
08-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Yes, Sinjin Kim

Lunker, I had a feeling you had it the way you sandbag till the last to weight in 8) Good Job I had a feeling someone would get something nice, it was alot better 2 weeks before for me but thats life/ fishing, The nice thing for you is you get your boat now :thumb:

lunker
08-09-2007, 12:27 PM
You're right, I guess I did sandbag it. I really wanted that boater position and was paying more attention to everyone else's bags than my own. That's gonna be an awesome tournament in October. What do you think it'll take for a win and to make the top ten?

basscaptain
08-09-2007, 02:35 PM
when I walked by you with my nonboater and you were getting in your livewell and asking scott about the 13" size I told my nonboater you had a good sack and I was thinking you had won it.

Man as far as Castaic goes I should be asking you the ??'s I have only fished that lake 4 times in my life :roll: 1 time 3 years ago and I prefished 2 times for the region 7 trny and then the trny, AND I GOT MY *** HANDED TO ME :evil:

I would think its going to take 17.5lbs to win and maybe 12.5 lbs to be in the top 10 ( this may be low by a few pounds but I was way high for the detla)

I would think that they will be on the feed bag for sure, so I'm sure the guys that know how to use tail spins and spoons will be doing allright, me for 1 cann't fish those baits for sh-t so I guess I'll be sleeping in the back seat in 40-60 ft of water :shock:

Kirk

lunker
08-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Kirk,

You guessed exactly what has been in the back of my head-17.5 pounds. And it's a two day event so 35 should win it and your probably right around the top top with 25. Some guys have mentioned 40 pounds, but that aint gonna happen. The pressure is going to get to the fish with all those boats. It'll be like trying to fish Frank's Tract after a WON or FLW tournament. But maybe not if we can get away with stitching some nightcrawlers or soaking some shad...

Why the Delta Rocks:

Reason #27-No underspins
Reason #28-No drop shotting on 4# test

basscaptain
08-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Your right about the 2 days I was just saying per day what I was thinking you needed, I should of said that, and if your hearing 40lbs I'm not buying into that. I think your right that Place is going to get NAILED that whole week with guys from out of town prefishing.

Then you add all the boats that are there anyways and you have close mouth LMB's. You also know what happens

This is trny fishing so the guys that get on them good on the 1st day will end up with about 1/2 of the weight on day 2, This is were you guys that KNOW the Lake WILL Shine.

You will be able to go back out on day 2 and put the same weight in the bag or something Close, the out of town guys will end up with 1/2 at best because they will sit on the same water to long on day 1 and burn up there keeper fish to just try and add a few oz / lbs

Now I may be way off base here but I don't think so and time will tell

I think I'm going to have to Spend some time on that lake next month, due to the fact that the way my luck is ( you know the saying if I didn't have bad luck I would have no lack at all ) I will get a boater that has never been on the lake and didn't have time to prefish at all or just the day before and he got on a few and thinks he has it wired

LOL you know what I'm saying

And Good Luck out there I hope 1 of the boys form Region 7 takes it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

basscaptain
08-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh and I like the reason for way the Detla Rocks, Here is a few more

Reason #30 Power fishing
Reason #31 No NEED to fish deeper then 20'
Reason #32 NO SPEED LIMIT
Reason #33 Its Bigger then my Bath Tub :twisted:

lovecoldair
08-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Nice catch and great report