PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Simi ........

Jimmy310
05-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Well 1st time there with my new weapon. A Bass Pro Shops Micro Lite 7' with a Shimano Sahara using 2lb Izor line. I was hunting for some bass since I saw a few from the banks. Mind you its my 1st time fishing for bass.

I tried some power worms........... denied.
I tried some spinner baits............ denied.
I tried a variety of Rapala's.......... denied.

I spoke with some older guy there who is a regular and he told me the bass will chase all sorts of bait but wont bite them due to the fact that there is an abundance of blue gill which they feed on. I thought it was a funny story but after a few "chases" I began to believe him. He hooked me up with a bobber and a night crawler for the blue gill witch he was catching and releasing almost at will.

Saw 3-4 LMB only a few feet from me just staring up at me. Tried as many diffrent lures, soft baits as I could and not one single bite.:???::Angry::???:

These bass are gangster. One guy with a net even tried to scoop it up. It simply drifted back enough out of reach and came back only 3' away. :Evil:

I will be back throughout the week to try some thing new.

Any suggestions on technique or bait type is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jimmy310

Frequent Flyer
05-02-2011, 10:02 PM
mayb a samll bluegill colored tube jig n a 1/32 oz jighead or dropshot with a slow retreive

Kokak
05-03-2011, 07:09 AM
Any word on if there are any sizable carp in that lake?

Jimmy310
05-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the advice Frequent Flyer.
After a stop at Wallmart, (bought the tube jigs) I was there again yesterday, glad to say I hooked the LMB.
just as I reached down to pick it up out of the water it spits out the hook.

Well it was a fun time trying to get it.

Next time I will land it and have pictures, lol.

Kokak I was told there was carp there but have not seen any since I started fishing there.
Big props to Resevoir dog, it was good meeting you.
Cant wait to do it again.

I will be there in after noon again tomorrow.
The LMB seem to be spawning and bite the bait but spit it out.
Any tips on what and how to use for this situation?

pelon951
05-04-2011, 10:53 PM
read it wrong was thinking rancho jurupa but a minnow jig works great

reservoir dog
05-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the advice Frequent Flyer.
After a stop at Wallmart, (bought the tube jigs) I was there again yesterday, glad to say I hooked the LMB.
just as I reached down to pick it up out of the water it spits out the hook.

Well it was a fun time trying to get it.

Next time I will land it and have pictures, lol.

Kokak I was told there was carp there but have not seen any since I started fishing there.
Big props to Resevoir dog, it was good meeting you.
Cant wait to do it again.

I will be there in after noon again tomorrow.
The LMB seem to be spawning and bite the bait but spit it out.
Any tips on what and how to use for this situation?

Likewise, it was good meeting you there as well Jimmy. After you left I landed 2 LMB but no pics since I left my camera in the car. I'll definitely catch up with you there again.

Kokak
05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
If anyone know if this lake holds any sizable carp, please let me know (you can PM me).

Jimmy310
05-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Have not seen any carp but was told they are in there.

reservoir dog
05-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Have not seen any carp but was told they are in there.

I've heard there was carp and catfish there but have not seen anyone catch one. Although yesterday I did see a catfish through the murky waters close to shore and I was able to land 3 LMBs which were all released of course.