PDA

View Full Version : rod floaters?

Frequent Flyer
05-02-2011, 08:47 PM
just got a tube and wld feel a lot more comfortable having something on my rods that allows them to float
1. wat is the most reliable or noteworthy product?
2. wer can i get the product?
thanks for any info

vanillagurilla
05-02-2011, 10:32 PM
just got a tube and wld feel a lot more comfortable having something on my rods that allows them to float
thanks for any info

Pm tacklejunkie

kirkboat
05-03-2011, 05:44 AM
david
bps...made by blakemore, 3 in a bag for $9....i use them and like them alot....get the small size and you will still have to add some layers of tape...kirk

Nessie Hunter
05-03-2011, 07:55 AM
I have a couple of Foam floaters that zip ty on the rod.. Dont like them much, they interfere with casting at times..
I do have some Home made Lanyards that work better IMHO...
Long curly phone cords, (99cent store) couple of thumb clips, Blk Tape the clips on end of cords, Couple of Zip Ty's on end of rod... Clip to "D" ring of tube or belt loop or whatever is close.. I have used it from P B in the ocean with expensive rigs also..

Marley
05-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Didn't there used to be a device that wrapped around the rod and acted like Sospenders, automatically inflating when dunked?

Frequent Flyer
05-03-2011, 06:00 PM
thanks guys anxious on the first solo trip and dont wana lose my phenix, love FF

Liteweight
05-03-2011, 06:40 PM
thanks for any info

Big Lots has those foam pool "Noodles" for just $1.50. Then just go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some Velcro (double sided) "One Wrap" then glue to the foam.
Used this for my heavier Saltwater Stuff along with some Rod Leashes (2' 5-pack for $20) I got from "Settle Bridges Supply House" (Kayak accessories) on ebay and I'm all set.
LW

tacklejunkie
05-09-2011, 08:49 PM
You guys need to cut the BPS rod floaters down so they'll fit your rods, instead of adding more stuff to make them fit and increasing the rod weight and imbalance.

JapanRon
05-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi frequentflyer,

I use the teathers and special DIY rod rack for my tube and toon. Rod rack has the floater foam. I use the stuff that looks like pool noodles but is used to insulate plumbing copper pipes available at Home Depot in different sizes.

Be sure to put a mini-buoy on your boga grip and some of the above foam on your net and or gaff. If net or gaff are hollow .... seal them closed with Goop and be sure to teather them !! Teather: Little 8" bungee cords you can buy in packs, plastic ties, and 3/8 diameter split rings !!

JapanRon

Frequent Flyer
05-10-2011, 05:02 PM
ok thanks everyone for the replies helpd out alot