PDA

View Full Version : Tackle storage for float tube?

Kelster
05-02-2011, 10:45 AM
I have everything (can you really have everything?) to take the tube out except a box that will fit in the storage areas for my Fish Cat 4. I am probably going to hit up Lake Gregory in the next couple of weeks, have been doing good from the shore, and was wondering what everyone uses as a tackle box for the tube. The storage area in back of the chair I guess will be for a small cooler? Any info will be helpful, also any lakes that are good to get used to the tube will be helpful. Thinking about Big Bear, but very BIG and windy lately. Thanks

chris
05-02-2011, 03:28 PM
i can fit one 7" x 11" tackle tray in ea. side pocket and 2 or 3 more small 3 to 4 in tackle boxes. a 5 gallon bucket will fit behind your seat if you strap it in for a cooler or more storage or both

viperman100
05-02-2011, 03:29 PM
whats the cooler for???? if keeping fish like trout and panfish, I use a stringer attached to a "D" ring and float the fish in the water. My worm bag I keep on my lap but have it secured to the strap that hold my backrest up, and as far as additional tackle I keep a small box for my hooks and a seperate one for my wights, rare ocassion when I'm fishing jerks or cranks from the tube is the only time I am putting a small storage box in the arm rests. I do use on of the storage pouches for the batter for my fishfinder (2 lantern batteries) other than that when on the water sometimes the less gear you have on you the better. I nice quiet lake to test your tube out on would be Perris, only have to pay for parking there and you can easily launch at the sandy area by the dam very gradual descend there. Hope this helps, have fun.

Kelster
05-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks, Perris is close to me, I thought it was too crowded with boats. I should head out there early one weekend and check it out. Guess less is best, a couple of small boxes for weight, swivels, hooks, and jigs/lures.

kirkboat
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
i don't think you can tube Lake Gregory...if you know for sure you please let me know....thanks

Kelster
05-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Their web site says yes for $10.00

viperman100
05-02-2011, 08:38 PM
I fish perris mainly on weekdays but have friends there almost every other weekend and they never have problems with the boaters,

Frequent Flyer
05-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Float tube launch: $10.00/day
Float tube launch, season (April - October) $100.00 (must launch at Boat House)
also they will giv u a life jacket because it is mandatory to wear one out on the lake

Nessie Hunter
05-03-2011, 07:59 AM
I have some small trays, but mainly use Zip Lock Bags... Keep stuff dry, Easy to get to, easy to see whats in them, and can change out whats in them depending on where I go or time of year...

Stringer?????? I Tube the Bays. No large bait hanging on My tube!!! ! Plus I am 100% C&R..
Unless it has to be Gaffed!!!

Swank909
05-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I have some small trays, but mainly use Zip Lock Bags... Keep stuff dry, Easy to get to, easy to see whats in them, and can change out whats in them depending on where I go or time of year...

Stringer?????? I Tube the Bays. No large bait hanging on My tube!!! ! Plus I am 100% C&R..
Unless it has to be Gaffed!!!

Last thing you want to do is attract unwanted attention in saltwater lol, Seals / sharks can really ruin your day. Especially when a seal decides your kayak is a nice dock to lay on lol

I recommend you get a tackle binder at BPS, like 20$, has tons of sleeves and you can keep everything in a neat little package, fits in your side bags too.

Darius
05-06-2011, 07:30 PM
i'm being an *******, go get a kayak.

tacklejunkie
05-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I have been using the small plano boxes with hook stopping deviders, as shown in this thread. They are very small, hold lots of tackle and I can fit three per tube pocket!
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?56388-Plastics-(revisited)&goto=newpost