PDA

View Full Version : Lake Isabella April 29-May1

Mojave River Angler
05-02-2011, 10:15 AM
My wife, son, and friend Anthony took on Lake Isabella for the weekend. Started out at Kissack for some catfish action on Friday night. My wife scored a 7+ lb catfish in the first 10 minutes. We got one more small one before quiting at midnight. Trout fishing in the morning got going before the sun came up. Had 4 before we were ready to put the boat in the water around 8:30. Tried the cages at Kissack and Browns for 4 crappie (the place was a zoo READ: Bumperboats) and then trolled around for one nice trout.
Came back to the cages on Sunday morning for 25 crappie (we could have stayed for more...but why?). They were easy picking this time around. Weather was perfect and pressure was lighter. Only had to throw back one dink. Nice slabs.
Spent an hour throwing salmon eggs in the river at kernville for nada. Saw others with nice fish.
Great weekend. Came home exhausted...the sign of a perfect vacation.
MRA

Fishin Magician
05-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Now that's how to make the most of a weekend. If you could have caught a bass you would have had a grand slam. Nice crappie. Almost as big as the trout.
After reading your report and striking out from shore this morning while watching my buddy in his float tube spank them another 50 yards out, I'm taking the boat out tomorrow.