PDA

View Full Version : StriperFest 2011 Bako Boys "humble pie" version

cutbait
05-01-2011, 11:32 AM
First off, Humble pie does not taste good!!!

Congrats to the big winners… MikesOcean with biggest fish 3lbs 3ozs and Heaviest stringer with 18 lbs 10ozs. Smallest fish prize was won by Ezra with a 7 oz fish beating out Tiny Tiny by a mere ounce…{should of seen the look of on these guys faces and how proud they were of their small fish.. LOL}

Gary held a great event, and everyone pulled together to make it a great event. There was some miscommunication on our part {Bako Boys} on bringing the deep fryer for tacos. NohoArt walks up with a gallon of oil and all the fixins.. TB and I looked at each other like “OH SNAP” we didn’t bring a fryer.
Noho made lemonaide outta lemons and put the big pot on the coals and fried the fish with the heat of the coals.. OUTSTANDING…. Wanna thank again Noho, his wife, and Julio {soon to be FNN’er}

Disco Mike, Aaron, and Gayordys pops must of cleaned what seemed to be a 100 combined stripers and catfish for the fry. Thanks guys. Stepped up and volunteered to do it.

Hiro handled the raffle and HittsOn had a unusal if not never seen before method of dispensing the raffle prizes.. I’m still not clear on how or what happened… HA

So this is a report on how 2011 Striperfest went down for the Bako boys.

We got in line at 4 am… NOT the first group there… DK4885 had already beat us there.. He left Fresno at midnight with his nephew Ezra {smallest fish winner}. Shot the breeze with them for a bit til everyone started to arrive and suggested to Ezra, who would be shore fishing while DK left him for abandon {as DK hoped on IN2Deep's boat} that he stick to HittsON like glue for the 411 on shorefishing. We set up the Heaviest stringer trophy on the transom of the boat, cause we like how that “Sh%T Illuminates.” Talked smack with all the fellow FNN’ers.. Was a blast before the event even started.

So long Baby,, TB will miss you

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/001-6.jpg

Here is the only two Striper fest Heaviest stringer winners ever.. With Khan jumpin in on the photo.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2011-04-30_19-59-35_738.jpg

So we were the first boat on the water w/ Disco Mike and his buddy Aaron right on our tail. We trolled out of the channel and TB picked up 3 very quick fish. Disco Mike was running parallel using his top-secret method…… If you were at the event they were the ones jerking their rigs ALL DAY.. Well in the time it took TB to put 3 in the boat DM and Aaroon had 7 and they continued that torrid pace the rest of the day.. Hootin and hollerin on every hookup. Was a blast to see. Heres a quick couple jealous looks TB was shootin at Dmike and Aaron.. Can you say ENVY?
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/004-5.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/009-2.jpg

Channel died for us, so we hit Serrano area for a big school and picked several fish and an equal amount of short strikes. Very frustrating, but we soon found out that it would only get worse as the day continued.

Hit the rest of the usual spots, no grouping of fish, no real pattern. So we tried baiting down and snuggled up tight to Bob and Team Trolltoon. Bites were to be had but was slow for us.. Gave Bob and Team Trolltoon the rest of our loaf of bread for bait and went back on troll. Before we left, I spotted Fishinone and Khan and told TB we oughta head over and I was sure Ron would let us tie up to him and fish with em’…. TB has borderline ADD … I call it striper ADD, he can’t sit still and not catch fish. Baitnwaitn doesn’t compute… Looking back we wish we had. Khan and Ron ended up just shy of 60 stripers and countless Kitties.

So we troll and troll…. Short strikes keep adding up with only a few more fish landed. Then BWAM!!! Hookup… Oh this guy feels heavy. I tell TB instantly I had big fish of tourney on the end of the line… Then the line runs up to the surface and the dayum “green carp” jumps out of the water. If our day wasn’t bad enough, now I am catching TRASH FISH.. Right at 4 lbs

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2011-04-30_10-37-08_727.jpg

So more trolling,, more short strikes.. See the highway guys and they been sticking a few in center lake, open water. So off we try… Boom hookup for TB, Hookup for CB… then 5 more short strikes..This continues for an hour or so, then we make a run to Yellow bar and see if any afternoon action was going on.
Great! We turn the corner and there is Disco Mike standing up landing a fish…Insult to injury.. Troll around IN2DEEP, MikesOcean, and DK4885

The games had begun.. They ask how many we got. We replied with Skunked out so far, they laugh and I ask how about them and they say a couple… SAND BAGGIN on the winning boat… MikeOcean… I don’t wanna divulge your secret weapon to catching the big fish.. But would love for you too!

Day was winding down and was shaping up for the inevitable.. THE BAKO BOYS WILL NOT BE BRINGING HOME THE TROPHY TO BAKO… No matter how many weights we stuffed down the throats of our fish, we knew the era of Trailblazers epic 6000 posts a month of the striper trophy was drawing near the end. A moment of silence fell upon the boat, a few tears rolled down our face as the gentle breeze lapped small wind chop into the side of the boat. Straight out of a movie we look at each other, embraced and somehow just knew everything was going to be ok.. We were at peace with it then.

I will say this. Winds were very calm for 80% of the day. The other 20% was tough to maneuver the boat slightly. I just wish all those that had decided not to show up would have came out and joined in on the great fun we all had. I had a blast meeting the guys I had not previously met and visiting with all the old FNN friends I haven’t seen in awhile.

Heres a couple pics of the lake yest…

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2011-04-30_16-45-15_436.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2011-04-30_16-45-22_902.jpg

OH,, and all the trick photograpy junkies out there…

This is why Khans 6 pounders look like 15’s and Trailblazers 15’s look like 6 pounders

I used the pic of TB, Khan, and MikesOcean to illustrate…

Ok,,, I photoshopped just an average 6 lb striper we caught and layered in the photo.. See the difference?

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/2011-04-30_19-59-35_738-1.jpg

And now seprate.. Disregard TB and his Frankenstien pose

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/KHANPHOTO.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/TRAILBLAZER.jpg

Sorry Khan, I call BS on your personal best 16 lber this winter!!! Hahahah

On a side note, I am working on a super tuper top secret Bako Boy video.. Hopefully to add to this post. So keep checking.

Double A
05-01-2011, 12:11 PM
nicely done CB.

stripefest was a blast

just a group of WAY cool guys

i can only see these striper junkie events getting bigger

dk4885
05-01-2011, 12:56 PM
CB that was me on the boat with IN2DEEP lol, we were on the hotspot.

cutbait
05-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Sorry bub?

You did see the bottlecap glasses I wear right? Post edited..:-}

fishinone
05-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi CutBait.

Great report I enjoyed reading your narration.

I've got scoop on IN2DEEPS secret weapon,

It's fresh sardines.

StriperFest was won by a bait-n-waiter this year. There's no surprise there for us bait-n-waiters and I'm sure T/B will get over it eventually.

KPN and I didn't catch any catfish, that was IN2DEEP's crew. He's fishing today. I can't wait to hear the report. We might have caught some catfish but not many of our baits made it to the bottom.:Big Grin:

mamachipy
05-01-2011, 03:41 PM
All this talk and photos yet no mention on your personal award CB. Dan worked so hard on it, just for you. Oh, and thanks again for doing everything it took to try and keep the trophy in Bakersfield. Next year we will just have to try harder, USOB!

cutbait
05-01-2011, 04:02 PM
All this talk and photos yet no mention on your personal award CB. Dan worked so hard on it, just for you. Oh, and thanks again for doing everything it took to try and keep the trophy in Bakersfield. Next year we will just have to try harder, USOB!

I was kinda hoping all that was going to come out in the video along with all the other hijinx... :-}... But now that you mention it, cause you guys didn't follow the script, I am not sure our videographer IN2DEEP had the opportunity to film it.

Ok, I was honored by the pair of daisy dukes you guys awarded me, but they were a bit too tight. No doubt intended to be

Pics coming.

Hitts0n
05-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Lmao!! Man great time sit was! Yeah get that ugly *** lmb off of your lines! Trash fish it is !!
Slay all lmb !! Killum all !!
Great report man and thanks for reporting!! I stayed there until 2 am...lmao!
Harrassing Gary as he played his music..lmao !!

PONTOON
05-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Cutbait,

Great report and it was good to see you and Trail Blazer again. The trophy may not have gone back to BAKO but it's still up for grabs next year.:Cool:

trail blazer
05-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Freekin best get togather EVER!!!!,,,,,,,,,A blast,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,EVERYBODY WAS GREAT!

WOW!!!Cant wait for the next one,,,,,,,,,

Cutbait pretty much said it all,,,,,,,,,,,I CONCURRR totally,,,,,,,,,,

You all ROCK,D,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
THANKS for letting us<the bako boys>be a part of this,,,,,,,,,,,,GARY,,THANK YOU!

TRAIL BLAZER

Shock
05-02-2011, 08:58 AM
What a great time!!!

It was nice getting you meet you BakoBoys out there, yall are good peeps in my book!!

Even better watching you give up that trophy!!! BakoBoys got the Big Bako Beatdown!!!!

See ya on the water....

cutbait
05-02-2011, 10:07 AM
What a great time!!!

It was nice getting you meet you BakoBoys out there, yall are good peeps in my book!!

Even better watching you give up that trophy!!! BakoBoys got the Big Bako Beatdown!!!!

See ya on the water....

Wait till you see the vid

MikesOcean
05-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Bako Boys,

Sheeeeet! I don't think this event would have the same Great dynamics without you guys. And God Dammm TB you are 1 big mofo. haha I'm glad I got to meet you guys and looking forward to the next event. And CutBait, I think everyones expecting to see you at the next event in your new Daisy's. HaHA

MikesOcean

trail blazer
05-02-2011, 06:32 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAA
The BAKO BOYS got B E A T -DOWN this time,,,,,,,,,,,,,But we,l be back,,,,,,,,,,Mike,,,,you kick,d ***** ,,BIGTIME!!!

SHOCK,,,,,,,,,,See ya out west soon,,,,,,,,,Just need plenty of notice,,

Thanks everybody for the memories,,,,,,,TWAS GREAT!

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
05-02-2011, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABQsM6pfgrA

cutbait
05-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Not sure if any of you were able to stick around after the weigh in.. But the lake brought a big projector and screen and we all sat around the fire and watched a movie.

Kinda sick and twisted for my taste, but was good none the less

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/pumphouserules.jpg

Hitts0n
05-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Not sure if any of you were able to stick around after the weigh in.. But the lake brought a big projector and screen and we all sat around the fire and watched a movie.

Kinda sick and twisted for my taste, but was good none the less

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/pumphouserules.jpg

lmaoo!!!!! funny stuff !!

NoHo ART
05-02-2011, 09:53 PM
awesome play by play report bro!
it was really grate to see you guys again we need to do this again sooner then later...
high light of the day was you and TB seating around the camp fire and shearing weenies lmao:ROFL:

recon6975
05-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Had a great time fishing Striper Fest 2011. Was my first time out in well over year and bagged a few nice fish (fishing is not all that good in Iraq) . Thank you to my bro "mamachipy" for the invite. Look forward to more trips.

Hamachi_Kama
05-03-2011, 01:51 PM
What? The Bako Boys didn't do a clean sweep? SHOCKING!

Looks like you guys had fun down there. I wish my network up here did cool striper stuff like that.

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-03-2011, 04:52 PM

Looks like you guys had fun down there. I wish my network up here did cool striper stuff like that.

Get it started...it all starts with an idea....then see it through...

Be relentless...

I hope to see one in your area (wherever that may be-not sure !)

Till then...

Let 'em bleed...let 'em bleed...let 'em bleed..yeah...let 'em bleed !

Gary

cutbait
05-03-2011, 05:00 PM

Hamachi----Set one up for San Luis or O'niell and the Bako Boys will be there!!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Hamachi----Set one up for San Luis or O'niell and the Bako Boys will be there!!!!

I'd be interested in that as well : )

trail blazer
05-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I'd be interested in that as well : )

Im TOTALLY in!!!!!,,,,,,,,,as long as our OTHER lake isnt blowing up at that time!! wink wink!

TRAIL BLAZER

MonsterGuppy
05-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Im TOTALLY in!!!!!,,,,,,,,,as long as our OTHER lake isnt blowing up at that time!! wink wink!

TRAIL BLAZER

I be camping and fishing that other lake the weekend of 14-15 pm me if any of you are going around then :)

TroutOnly
05-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey carpboy that chick in the movie pic is the one i saw you seeking off to the bushes with,then you came back and got some stripeyspooge all over you,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

dk4885
05-03-2011, 11:26 PM

that would be sweet, count me in