PDA

View Full Version : Reel service and tuning

vanillagurilla
04-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Not sure if anyone is interested but I thought I would throw it out there, I'm doing reel service/maintinence and tuning for both baitcasting and spinning for really cheap, flat rate and if your not happy don't pay. This is not a buisness, just something I like doing and could use the few extra bucks. Pm me if interested.

tacklejunkie
04-30-2011, 01:51 PM
If work picks up I'm gonna hire you as my fishing caddie two days a week. :Razz:

vanillagurilla
04-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Haha sound good bro, I've super tuned quite a few reels and actualy did a curado in az with full ceramic bearings, dry lube with powdered teflon, I called it hyper tuned. I swear the spool would have never stopped spinning if I didn't stop it.

tacklejunkie
04-30-2011, 08:49 PM
I want to carefully drill my Sol spool to lighten it. Symmetrically of course.
Think It will unbalance that sucka? Will my reel vibrate when I cast it? haha Vadududududududud!
I suppose if it does I'm stuck buying that Japantackle.com Sol spool.

tacklejunkie
04-30-2011, 08:56 PM
When they invent perpetual bearings let me know. Then all we have to do is stop the reel from casting itself.

vanillagurilla
04-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Full ceramic bearings are rediculous bro, kinda noisy but fasttt! If u want bro my homie just got a 3 axis mill if you want that spool done right, he's also a machinist lol. Right now he's actualy making flash supressors for rifles, componsators also.

tacklejunkie
04-30-2011, 09:22 PM
I put those ceramics on my Solzilla. Love them.
I finally put 6lb on it the other day.

What can I do to reduce my spool capacity without replacing my spool?
It cost me $17 to fill the spool with 6lb line.

I would be down to let you guys drill my spool if you don't burger it.
If it doesn't vibrate I'll even throw in a $20 spot.

You can probably use an R/C Airplane propellor balancer to fix it even if it did.
http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=TOPQ5700

I wonder how a stock magforce will react to a drilled (tuned) spool.

vanillagurilla
04-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Nah bro "ceramic" fishing reel bearings are actualy hybrid bearings where the balls are ceramic and the races are either s.s. Or chromium, the ones I got for this guy were 100% ceramic and didn't even rank on the abec scale, above abec 7 can't even be measured the tolerances are so tight. Damn bearings we're $45 for the 2 spool bearings lol. You want the center of your spool drilled and the sides waffled? As far as line cap I would only take off about 75yds of the old line abd use a double uni to top it off with fresh stuff, other ways to reduce spool space are to heavy.

Liteweight
05-01-2011, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=What can I do to reduce my spool capacity without replacing my spool?
It cost me $17 to fill the spool with 6lb line. QUOTE]

Have you thought about backing up w/Spectra to limit the amount of line you have to fill with?
I back up ALL my reels w/ Power Pro much like my saltwater reels. I just leave enough room for about 100yds of Flourocarbon or whatever I'm using to top off.
LW.

vanillagurilla
05-01-2011, 06:08 PM
20lb mono is ALOT cheaper than powerpro bro lol.