PDA

View Full Version : Simi valley?

Dillard11
04-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Please help, goin to simi valley in a few weeks, looking for a decent bass fishing spot i can go to quickly, while my girl is horse racing!! I know of castaic, but it may take too long.....

bman90278
05-01-2011, 07:58 AM
I used to hang out in Simi Valley years ago and recall hearing about them.

Here are a couple of spots you can check out.

Sinaloa Lake. Its a private lake. Maybe you can google it and contact someone and see if they will let u give it a shot. They do have bass in there.

Wood Ranch Reservoir. I have never fished there, but its a decent sized spot.

FSHNLIC
05-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Rancho Simi does have a few pig bass in there but can be tough to catch... u can try to sneak into Westlake Lake.. they have a pretty good bass bite there... there's also a small pond in Agoura on Kanan that "used" to have bass in there... haven't been there in 8 years since I moved to the high desert.

Dillard11
05-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the info, is west lake private? And i live in palm springs. Any holes out here that youve found?

joetro474
05-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Westlake is private. You have to be a resident or get a guest pass from a resident. Piru might be a little closer than castiac. I was just at rancho simi on sunday trying to learn how to use my baitcaster. I didnt see as much as a carp swimming around that pond. I saw a report that there were piranas in the rancho simi pond. They might have killed all the babies. I did see bass in the fish pond near the simi golf course. I couldn't catch any of those. I suggest going to a real lake your odds of catching will be much better.

fish-o-haulic
05-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Westlake is private. You have to be a resident or get a guest pass from a resident. Piru might be a little closer than castiac. I was just at rancho simi on sunday trying to learn how to use my baitcaster. I didnt see as much as a carp swimming around that pond. I saw a report that there were piranas in the rancho simi pond. They might have killed all the babies. I did see bass in the fish pond near the simi golf course. I couldn't catch any of those. I suggest going to a real lake your odds of catching will be much better.

piranas WTF!!!!!!

Dillard11
05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Pirana!! What tard would do that!! Pfft. I was gonna try rancho simi but prob not now! And my other was the neibirhood park and fishing pond is that what u were refering to?

Dillard11
05-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks for all the intel guys. Some of the lager lakes may draw me into staying too long lol. Happy gf = happy fishing. Lol

reservoir dog
05-02-2011, 04:00 PM
What a coincidence you brought up Simi Valley because I was just online looking for the same thing. There is Rancho Simi Park but it's kinda of a cheesy community park. Had a co-worker that caught catfish there. I also found a larger lake which is Sinaloa Lake but it's private and they require barbless hooks. It's open till 11pm so you might be able to pull a ninja if you can find a way in since there is a locked gate. I myself might hit up Rancho Simi Park after work sometime this week only because it's the closest without having to deal with traffic.

Jimmy310
05-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I am now working in Simi and would like to know more spots to hit during the week after work. I have googled the already mentioned lakes and will try to get into them. Most dont have a place to park my work truck from the google pictures. What about Lake Sherwood or Lake Eleanor?
Thanks
Jimmy310

SR_RKO
05-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Rancho Simi as stated. I know of another spot thats in the area but I dont wanna post it on here becuz alot of poeple may rip it off and start taking the hogs out. PM me if you want more info.

tacklejunkie
05-13-2011, 06:48 AM
North of In N Out, Duck pond/golf course. Has bass.
Good luck. Legal to fish. Not easy to catch there but good for sharpening your skills.

Dillard11
05-14-2011, 02:09 AM
Thanks again fellas. Cant wait to get out there! Went out to my fav spot on wednesday, started off slow, but then towards the afternoon, me and my buddy started seeing alot of lmb poppin up to the surface to grab a mouth full of fry, so we started throwing some rapalas, but nothin. I switched to senkos, and would cast a few feet from where the jump was and as soon as the senko hit the bottom BAM!! Hooked up! That went on for about 45 min, total, we caught 6 fish in that time! Total fish count for the day 14 LMB!! Lol it was great. More like hunting tho, cuz we were waiting for the jumps, then casting! Cant wait to do that again!!

bman90278
06-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Hey guys, I'll b working today up on Grimes Cyn rd north of Moorpark. I want to hit up a legal spot for bass on my way home. I'll be taking the 118 east when off. Can someone pm me a spot? May we can meet up?