PDA

View Full Version : pudd report

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-30-2011, 07:31 AM
monday get to the pudd .it was very windy ,so had to start with the 8ft spinning rod ,with the light pmb drop shot, under my custom float set up.set the leader at 6ft,with 4.5"robo mutalator. first cast the wind is moving the float slowly.i was just about to reel it in, and cast again ,when the float takes a big dive.i set the hook . the drag is screaming off,the 2500.now im thinking carp ,do to no jumps.glad i had 10lb floro.leader.cause the fish tried to rap around a pole.finally after getting the beast close. i see my fish. it is a toad lmb.i lip her ,and she is all of 8lbs.she had just dropped her eggs,or she would have been heavier.no more bass switch locations. i was pleased to see the red ears feeding on the surface.i start throwing an adams dry fly ,and start nailing red ear on almost every cast.about 25.tuesday the bite slowed so.i decide to go to bass proshop ,and buy a 2wt 8ft lefty pro temple fork fly rod.for tossing those little drys.wed i was going to play golf ,but the urge to toss my new weapon was to strong.i proceed to an area my friend was getting top water action.i tie on a new large bass popper i bought the day before ,and start making 70ft cast on the flats.with the 8wt.miss 2 hits setting the hook to quick.finally another hit ,i hesitate till the floating line moves,and set the hook.i caught 2 top water bass in the 2 lb range.move to the redear spot.rig the new 2wt ,with the adams ,and the slay is on.20 plus redears.the fly rod performed perfectly.the red ears slowed the rest of the week.i averaged 2 bass a day ,with the 8wt fly ,or spinning mini robo dropshot setup using either according to wind conditions.caught a couple of big crappies(2lb to 2.5lb) ,and some smaller bass ,with med night crawlers.under my float set up instead of plastics.i revert to this when the bite is off.all ,and all a very good ,and fun week.my toad bass ,and big crappies made my days fun.now i hope the red ears start feeding on the surface for somemore 2wt dry action....god bless ,and peace out ....mike the pmb.....

MRVRSICK
05-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Mike, you've encouraged me to spend more money and get that year pass... Hooray for spending money!! Hope I see you out there, name is carlos btw.

Natural Lefty
05-02-2011, 02:26 PM
It's great you caught all those Redears on an Adams. The Bluegills and Redears really go for those at Perris too. I need to get to Puddingstone one of these days.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
05-03-2011, 05:12 AM
thanks guys its nice to finally see the seasons fishing finally going off at the pudd..