PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Surfer interferes with fishermen at HB pier.

smokehound
04-28-2011, 11:48 PM
These anglers were fishing for batrays, and this douchebag swims up and attempts to dislodge the fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrjtYUwFMmE&feature=related

Lol this is why I dont like fishing at the HB pier, lots of bastards here.

LostCreek
04-29-2011, 12:03 AM
redicuous hes lucky the gaff or mussles didnt cut him

DockRat
04-29-2011, 05:24 AM
That was funny. LMAO THNX
DR

Troutman65
04-29-2011, 08:21 AM
What a douchebag for sure . He yells " You want to get arrested ?" For what ? Fishing ? Just when you thought you have seen everything . Sheesh.....

tacklejunkie
04-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Easy to see how this situation happened.
The bonehead couldn't land or lift the fish and nobody would help.
The eco-surfer wanted to help/unhook the fish but the guy on the dock made it into something stupid I'm sure. The kid yelling didn't help either.

Bad situation for fisherman because it doesn't look so good on their end any way you put it, with a huge animal on his line. Unfortunately.

smokehound
04-29-2011, 08:44 AM
:LOL: "Fishing for stingrays isnt illegal, it's Just SICK! SICK! You're all SICK!"

roflmao

Fish Dog
04-29-2011, 10:00 PM
2009 California Fish & Game Code. (a) A person shall not willfully interfere with the participation of any individual in the lawful activity of shooting, hunting, fishing, falconry, hunting dog field trials, hunting dog training, or trapping at the location where that activity is taking place.
(b) A violation of this section is punishable pursuant to
subdivision (b) of Section 12000.
(c) Any person convicted for a violation of this section that
occurred within two years of a prior violation of this section which
resulted in a conviction is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by
imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than one
year, by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars ($100) and not
to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both imprisonment and
fine.

ghetto dad
04-29-2011, 10:18 PM
im sure some people will blast me for this..but oh well..idc

yes, the surfer DID, according to fish dogs post, break the law, and I dont agree with him interfering, but I am glad he did......im tired of this "kill everything" mentality, especially since we dont know what that person would have done with the ray. I have personally seen people kill those things just to have a trophy, take some pics, let it die, then leave it. It makes me sick....im glad he did what he did.

I have been getting into "debates" with people recently regarding catching and releasing, and even tho certain species it is legal to "take your limit" , it does NOT mean you HAVE to take your limit! People need to give back to the ocean and lakes once in awhile, and not just "kill kill kill!!!" I have seen the decline in fishing since how good it was back in the 80s when i started fishing, and people need to realize, there is NOT an "endless supply" of fish. Just cuz you can keep, for example, 25 panfish, does not mean you HAVE TO keep 25 panfish.

peace

GD

tacklejunkie
04-29-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm not that salt smart GD but I'd have to agree with you.
A crazy situation that surely had odds on both ends.

I think sportfishing a giant ray off a public pier might be a bit much for the public to witness.

Some good folks come to the beach to see sealife thrive, not get hooked in and bleed out.

smokehound
04-29-2011, 11:34 PM
"YA WANNA GET ARRESTED!?"

This bozo was violating fish and game code =P I only interfere when the take is UNLAWFUL.

I've had batray, it's not very good-tasting.. Scallops my ***. More like stringy chicken-like meat.

Now shovelnose is far better!

nelayan
04-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Always catch and release. If I want to eat fish, just buy it at the fish market, they'll clean it and some will cook it also.
If I was there, I'm gonna pee on top of that surfer.

smokehound
04-30-2011, 02:12 AM
That depends on what kind of fish you purchase, though. Rainbow trout and catfish= good.

Orange roughy, rockfish, atlantic halibut= BAD

Fat Tony
04-30-2011, 02:50 AM
If that surfer was messin with my fish I would have broke that surf board over his f@cken head,anywho you all make me SICK ..............lol

DockRat
04-30-2011, 05:28 AM
Always catch and release. If I want to eat fish, just buy it at the fish market, they'll clean it and some will cook it also.

Some people like fresh fish, not the old crap that says 'fresh' from overseas.
90% of fish market fish is old.

DR

smokehound
04-30-2011, 05:38 AM
not to mention farmed fish tastes usually tastes like crap. :LOL:

ghetto dad
04-30-2011, 09:45 AM
yeah..once again...im just going by what i have witnessed MANY times with rays when people catch them, especially the larger ones...

GD

smokehound
04-30-2011, 10:33 AM
yeah..once again...im just going by what i have witnessed MANY times with rays when people catch them, especially the larger ones...

GDyeah, those batrays are too cute to kill.. It's like filleting a puppy.

ghetto dad
04-30-2011, 10:37 AM
yeah, those batrays are too cute to kill.. It's like filleting a puppy.

lol...sea puppies...i aint a tree hugger by no means....lol....just tired of unnecessary killing in our fisheries....

GD

tree
04-30-2011, 05:30 PM
lol...sea puppies...i aint a tree hugger by no means....lol....just tired of unnecessary killing in our fisheries....

GD

:( i was hoping one day we could hug.

I'd agree with you though. unnecessary killing of any wildlife is no good.

ghetto dad
04-30-2011, 05:32 PM
:( i was hoping one day we could hug.

I'd agree with you though. unnecessary killing of any wildlife is no good.

we can still hug..i just dont want sublime steve gettin mad that im gettin into his kool aid! LOL

GD

n1ckxlam
05-02-2011, 08:58 AM
it breaks my heart to see the waste of any fish, or the taking of huge quantities of anything from the sea. its seems theres two sides of angling; those who actually pay dues, take care of the environment, and practice catch and release, and those who rape the environment, litter, take everything they catch regardless of size or species, and make other anglers look bad in the process.
gotta hand it to the surfer, hes just trying to preserve his water. though unlawful, GD put it in a good way. just because you can keep catches doesnt mean you should or have to.

Nick

blackberg
05-02-2011, 12:37 PM
so you are saying that anyone taking any fish is raping the environment?

-bb

ghetto dad
05-02-2011, 03:24 PM
so you are saying that anyone taking any fish is raping the environment?

-bb

He NOT saying that at all....Ive been fishing well over 30 years..and ive seen first hand people "raping" our environment..you can go to NP or any public pier at any given time, and find short bass, halibut, over limits, etc in their buckets.....thats raping the environment...

GD

smokehound
05-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Alot of pier fishermen sell mackerel. Pacific chub mackerel are actually a highly-desired fish known in japan as- "Sabazushi"

If you get a commercial license, you can catch a bunch of mackerel and legally sell it to resturants.

ghetto dad
05-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Alot of pier fishermen sell mackerel. Pacific chub mackerel are actually a highly-desired fish known in japan as- "Sabazushi"

If you get a commercial license, you can catch a bunch of mackerel and legally sell it to resturants.

where did "mackeral" come in bro??

lol

GD

blackberg
05-02-2011, 04:16 PM
its seems theres two sides of angling; those who actually pay dues, take care of the environment, and practice catch and release, and those who rape the environment

He NOT saying that at all....Ive been fishing well over 30 years..and ive seen first hand people "raping" our environment..you can go to NP or any public pier at any given time, and find short bass, halibut, over limits, etc in their buckets.....thats raping the environment...

GD

Well he is lumping everyone on one of two sides by his comment.

I have been going fishing for 30 years too, and have seen that as well. I have DFG on my cell to report poachers.

Just hate the elitest attitudes of some fishermen.
-bb

ghetto dad
05-02-2011, 04:23 PM
no one has an "elitest" attitude bro......he was just stating his opinion, as well as what i have done....

nick in NO WAY an "elitest" person.....just another person that cares about our fishery, like myself...

GD

blackberg
05-02-2011, 05:04 PM
its seems theres two sides of angling; those who... practice catch and release, and those who rape the environment,...

Nick

I dont know if it came out wrong, but I call it like I see it
-bb

smokehound
05-02-2011, 05:56 PM
where did "mackeral" come in bro??

lol

GDIn a female mackerel.

Lol!

It was related to your "raping" comment.

n1ckxlam
05-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I dont know if it came out wrong, but I call it like I see it
-bb

mm i figured this would happen. bb, I didnt say two TYPES of anglers, I said two SIDES of angling. Much like two sides of politics, left wing right wing, democrat republican [generally speaking].

There is a lot of room inbetween, its not just one or the other. I keep fish too, not often or much, but I do.
BB, im a reasonable guy and take care with my words. You can think what you want about my comment, but no, i dont think that if you keep fish that you rape the environment. In general people flow in the middle, but there are those who are on the extremes.

Nick

blackberg
05-02-2011, 09:27 PM
thanks for the clarification
-bb

smokehound
05-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Well he is lumping everyone on one of two sides by his comment.

I have been going fishing for 30 years too, and have seen that as well. I have DFG on my cell to report poachers.

Just hate the elitest attitudes of some fishermen.
-bbOh i could def. point out the REAL elitists here, GD really isnt one of em, he just cares for the environment, and is tired of everyone killing everything.

DockRat
05-03-2011, 07:00 AM
How About Commercial ?

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q233/mesoas/alaska%20misc/P1010053.jpg
DR

ghetto dad
05-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Oh i could def. point out the REAL elitists here, GD really isnt one of em, he just cares for the environment, and is tired of everyone killing everything.

wow..thanks brother..appreciate those kind words....

GD

ghetto dad
05-03-2011, 02:02 PM
How About Commercial ?

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q233/mesoas/alaska%20misc/P1010053.jpg
DR

Nothing we can do about the commercial guys DR..lol....all we can each do is give back when we can brother....

GD

blackberg
05-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Oh i could def. point out the REAL elitists here, GD really isnt one of em, he just cares for the environment, and is tired of everyone killing everything.

never said he was

-bb

ryryk
05-05-2011, 04:45 PM
So what is attached to the rays wing?
I kind of agree with the surfer in this case. They probably faught the fish for a good while, so in the mean time send someone to the end of the pier for a hoop net or something...so when the fish comes closer you can lift it, take a picture, and lower it down.

Would you rather have 50ft of line trailing the fish if they can't get it up the pier and have to cut the line? Or have a surfer take the hook out if possible?

Idk. Anyways its hilarious how his voice squeaks when he says the arrested statement, and the guy yelling "sick people" probably never had a father figure to take him fishing.
And..probably still in high school thinking he's punk rock lol.

smokehound
05-06-2011, 08:56 AM
So what is attached to the rays wing?
I kind of agree with the surfer in this case. They probably faught the fish for a good while, so in the mean time send someone to the end of the pier for a hoop net or something...so when the fish comes closer you can lift it, take a picture, and lower it down.

Would you rather have 50ft of line trailing the fish if they can't get it up the pier and have to cut the line? Or have a surfer take the hook out if possible?

Idk. Anyways its hilarious how his voice squeaks when he says the arrested statement, and the guy yelling "sick people" probably never had a father figure to take him fishing.
And..probably still in high school thinking he's punk rock lol.You know what would have been really funny? If a big *** sea-lion just grabbed that batray in front of that surfer's eyes. :LOL:

tree
05-06-2011, 02:23 PM
You know what would have been really funny? If a big *** sea-lion just grabbed that batray in front of that surfer's eyes. :LOL:

LOL. Even better, a shark comes up and eats the surfer AFTER he lets the bat ray go free. jkjk.

Darius
05-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Surfer boy should of got an ask kicking. It's just the principal guys, we cannot judge what the angler would of done with the bat ray.

beaver825
05-10-2011, 08:45 PM
i would have been throwing some 4 oz pyramid weights down him see how long he tries to mess with my fish. i regular fish piers and like to do it at night when there isn't all of the people around in the water to mess with my stuff. this is just an uneducated person trying to be a hero. the man should have just left all enough alone. better to be safe than to be sorry. if the man was messing with my line though i might have just jumped on top of him after throwing the weights lol. don't mess with my *****!!! and just to let everyone know i catch and release all my catches.

POSTAL
05-12-2011, 11:37 PM
I grew up surfing the pier and still do daily .I haven't seen that guy before .Prob some barney on vacation or a weekend warrior from the IE.Funny vid tho the dancing ray and the kook surfer.