PDA

View Full Version : Local Streams/Rivers?

robnokshus
04-28-2011, 03:09 PM
First post after a couple years of lurking. Here goes...

I've been trying to find some decent stream/river fishing within an hour or so drive of Burbank. Any suggestions? Big Tujunga is long gone as is Arroyo Seco from the Station Fire (and that damn yellow-legged frog before that). Do they stock San Antonio Creek below Mt Baldy? How about the feeder creek into Castaic along Lake Hughes Rd.?

Back in the day (over 20-years ago) used to do well in the San Gabriel River but it's almost too depressing going there now (the diaper crowd).

Would appreciate any insights or suggestions.

fish-o-haulic
04-28-2011, 03:12 PM

I've been trying to find some decent stream/river fishing within an hour or so drive of Burbank. Any suggestions? Big Tujunga is long gone as is Arroyo Seco from the Station Fire (and that damn yellow-legged frog before that). Do they stock San Antonio Creek below Mt Baldy? How about the feeder creek into Castaic along Lake Hughes Rd.?

Back in the day (over 20-years ago) used to do well in the San Gabriel River but it's almost too depressing going there now (the diaper crowd).

Would appreciate any insights or suggestions.

i know of piru creek, lttle rock creek, santa anna river, aqueduct. sorry dont know of any rivers outside of those. im not big on streams and stuff, outside of kern river

dockboy
05-02-2011, 01:59 AM
There are a good deal of streams in SoCal. Deep Creek, Bear Creek, Miller Creek, Piru Creek, Big Rock Creek, East and West Fork San Gabriel River, Santa Ana River, Santa Ynez River, San Antonio Creek are all within 2 hours. Littlerock is off limits, both fire damage and Arroyo Toad protected area. Yeah, its possible to sneak it, but that is big rattler and mountain lion country, and its a long hike to nowhere to help (I live nearby and know the lake and creek fairly well). Unfortunately Tujunga and Arroyo Seco and all those other sweet little places are gone for now. I doubt the fish were wiped out completely, but it will be a long time before they are really fishable. Damn the arsonist who took away so much pristine wilderness and streams from us!

DockRat
05-02-2011, 05:58 AM
LA River has some awesome fishing. I'm going back to Willow in Long Beach. They just did a huge LA River clean-up. Wild River Carp Fishing is the best.:Secret:

Don't forget the Mirror Carp too,

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Uddo/Toukokuu2008021.jpg

Must See Video to hone your skills !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdD4xVKw5bI

robnokshus
05-07-2011, 12:24 PM
L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdD4xVKw5bI

HA! There's a technique I need to master! Great vid.

TheAsianGuy
05-09-2011, 12:33 PM

I've been trying to find some decent stream/river fishing within an hour or so drive of Burbank. Any suggestions? Big Tujunga is long gone as is Arroyo Seco from the Station Fire (and that damn yellow-legged frog before that). Do they stock San Antonio Creek below Mt Baldy?

None along the San Antonio that I'm aware of. I work closely with Department of Fish and Game for this area of enforcement.