PDA

View Full Version : Lunch Break at Fairmount Park

Kelster
04-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Since I work by the park I decided to dust off my old bait caster, clean it up and put new line on it and check out Fairmount. Saw one bass cruising the banks, smaller lake, I didn't have much time but will head over today after work, 3:00pm. It will be good to have a place to relax after work that is so close to work. I will have time to work the lakes and find out where the fish are and biting. I'll post my results, if there are any.

tree
04-28-2011, 05:14 PM
might meet you up there later around 6:00

castle
04-28-2011, 06:10 PM
I work near there also, but belive it or not I dont bother much with that place. Obvious. There are a couple of lake over in San Bernardino that are far better.

kotton909
04-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Me and mestre909 are goin tomorrow at eight

Kelster
04-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Hung out until a little after 5:00 when my son texted me saying he was stopping by to watch the hockey game. Saw three bass cruising the shoreline but I had no hits. First I tried a spinner bait, getting my casting practice in w/o a big birds nest, then switched over to Senko worms. Nice relaxing time I will be stopping off there more often to relax. I will be the guero with the old bait caster and a fishing vest on. On a side note, I bumped into a guy who I had met a couple of weeks ago when I was buying my float tube. He was flipping a small crappie jig and pointed out a couple of places where he has had luck, The park was much nicer/cleaner then I remember and it's nice to stop by some place that is only 5-10 minutes from work. Heading up to Lake Gregory after noon today to get my trout fishing on.

smokinflies
05-01-2011, 07:34 AM
tight lines at gregory.

TheAsianGuy
05-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Gregory had been tight every since the derby. Another one later this month. Hit Lake Perris. That lake is nuts! 8lbs + basses jump out of the water catching dragon flies during the AM. Float tubers napped quite a few small and large mouth basses. One guy got dragged over 300 feet fighting a 15lbs+ large mouth bass.

Sparky70
05-03-2011, 11:03 AM
THEASIANGUY,
When u go to Fairmont Park take ur num-chucks with you. Lots of Tweekers hang out there.

Kelster
05-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Caught my limit the Friday evening before the derby. Trying to take tube out to Perris and Gregory. No problems for me at fairmont park, pretty low key and LEO'S patrolling. Close place to wet a line

and relax

TheAsianGuy
05-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Sparky70: not too worry about the tweekers out there. I'm well trained in seal's hand to hand, and quite well verse in disabling guns using my hunting and seal's knives. I would love to have a bit of an exercise if they wanted to brawl.

flores_j
05-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Sparky70: not too worry about the tweekers out there. I'm well trained in seal's hand to hand, and quite well verse in disabling guns using my hunting and seal's knives. I would love to have a bit of an exercise if they wanted to brawl.

That's the Spirit :D