PDA

View Full Version : Citica or Curado?

Payduck
04-28-2011, 01:45 AM
I am an intermediate fisherman and i am looking into a new baitcaster. I have a Pflueger Echelon right now, it's nice but i want something better. I have narrowed it down to either the Shimano Citica or the Curado. My question is : Is the Curado worth the $60 more than the Citica?

Thanks!
Tight Lines!

tacklejunkie
04-28-2011, 07:13 AM
I'd go with the Curado. those are pretty nice reels, for Shimanos. (Daiwa fan)

stepchild
04-28-2011, 08:10 AM
i have a citica201.....im pretty happy with it,,,im also a intermediate angler.......just keep it oiled and drag washers in good cond,,you'll be ok..

midgettosser1
04-28-2011, 08:16 AM
No problems with my citicas. I've got the 200 in both freshwater and saltwater versions. My saltwater citica has taken quite the beating... still works perfectly.
I haven't used a curado, but I know how popular they are. Generally you get what you pay for.

reeladdiction09
04-28-2011, 08:18 AM
i have both the citica and the curado. all i can say is the curado is well worth the extra $60. i wish i could have all curados on my bass rods

boomstikit
04-28-2011, 09:17 AM
I also have both the Citica and the Curado (200E7). To be honest the Citica casts smaller (weight) baits better. My Curados are now being used for swimbaits and pitching/flipping. Both are great reels, but I think for the price the Citica is a better all around reel. Another reel worth looking at is the Shimano Caenan. For the price ($100) nothing can touch it. It casts 1.5 crankbaits a mile!

KILLA
04-28-2011, 09:34 AM
I actually bought 2 citica's for the price of 1 Curado, helps having soft plastic's on one and something else on the other. I also save money on line just cause I don't have to re-tie all the time. But I'm waiting to get a little extra money to purchase a Curado

BassinChef
04-28-2011, 09:44 AM
I actually own all 3 models of reels ,which ever model feels and suits you best you will end up buying more than 1, since you say you are an intermediate fisherman the Caenan would be an ideal choice they are well worth the money and are a steal @ $89 +tax but if you look around you can get them for under $70.My personal favorite from the 3 is the Citica.

BassinChef

tacklejunkie
04-28-2011, 12:23 PM
I also have both the Citica and the Curado (200E7). To be honest the Citica casts smaller (weight) baits better.
I bet if you used the Curado 50E that would change.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_Curado_50_E_Series_Casting_Reels/descpage-SCE5.html

Shimano has designed the Curado 50 E Series Casting Reel especially for light line and finesse applications.

Vman
04-29-2011, 09:28 AM
I bet if you used the Curado 50E that would change.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_Curado_50_E_Series_Casting_Reels/descpage-SCE5.html

Yep, my 51E will generally outcast my Curado 200E & Citica 200E by a good 3 yards on most lure, light & heavy.