PDA

View Full Version : Have you fished here

fish-o-haulic
04-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Has anyone besides me and my grandfather fished this lake. Its two lakes actually on a resort called silver lakes my grandparents had a timeshare there but got rid of it about a year ago. No license is required you just have to get a fishing pass from the front desk at the office. Its kinda in the middle of nowhere. About an 45 min from where i live, but its still in the Antelope Valley. I caught a walleye out of there before probably one of the only four or five walleye in all of California. It also Has great panfishing and trout and catfish fishing there, along with largemouth and small mouth. Ill get directions to it. the only other thing i know about it is It has the second best PGA golf course in the state or something like that. Once again its called silver Lakes. I realize that alot of people will think that im dillusional for saying i caught a walleye, beleive it or not we do have walleye in California its just there somewhat rare because you mainly find them in the northern part of the country, but i have caught a few down here and when i say few i mean like one maybe two tops. they were probably planted by northern fisherman that moved down here but missed walleye fishing so put them in like the only two lakes in California that would have them.

Trout Daddy
04-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Used to slay the trout there back in the 90s when the girl I was datings parents lived there on a water front home. It was a good weekend would go up and just catch and q right up on the deck. Its been awhile but it gets real hot in the summer,,,,,,,

fish-o-haulic
04-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Used to slay the trout there back in the 90s when the girl I was datings parents lived there on a water front home. It was a good weekend would go up and just catch and q right up on the deck. Its been awhile but it gets real hot in the summer,,,,,,,

trout fishing in the early morning and evening mainly morning, was the ticket for us in the summer, the trout would always stay close to shore no more than 12 feet and as close as 1 foot. bluegill and catfish was best for us during nigttime between 7:00 pm and 11:00pm. once we caught a monster gill that was pushing close to two pounds.

joetro474
04-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Victorville!!

TAXXXIN
04-28-2011, 06:23 PM
My friends Dad lives out there and he was content catching the occasional trout that swam by and chewed at his Power bait. I set him up with a 4 lb light outfit, split shottin an ox blood and his hunger began. He hasn't been the same since. Huntin them Hawgs is what it's about. I don't want to blow the place up, but I have his Kodak moments to prove lunkers exist in them there waters.

fish-o-haulic
04-28-2011, 07:13 PM
My friends Dad lives out there and he was content catching the occasional trout that swam by and chewed at his Power bait. I set him up with a 4 lb light outfit, split shottin an ox blood and his hunger began. He hasn't been the same since. Huntin them Hawgs is what it's about. I don't want to blow the place up, but I have his Kodak moments to prove lunkers exist in them there waters.

Beleive me I know they exist there. But i normally dont care if people or if i give out alot of info about a certain place, but ive had good memeories of catching big fish of all species out of that lake and id rather not too much be shared about this lake. Mainly because of the sake of the people in the neighboorhoods that live there and the people that have timeshares at that resort that fish there. like my grandparents.