PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 4/26

MikesOcean
04-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Okay, so I tried to book a trip with T/O for Monday but his work schedule did not allow it. :EyePop:

So, I will have to try another time!

So I hit Pyramid up on Monday with my younger cousin with high hopes to draw blood being that the full moon was over.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day! Except for the F@#$ wind!! Daaaaayammm it was blowing hard! White caps everywhere for me.

Everyone here is going to love to hear about the water temps with the fun event this weekend! Water temps 60-63. I was metering fish but struggled to find the active ones and it was difficult for me to set anchor. The wind was blowing so hard our drift was waaay to fast.:EyePop:

Anyways, only managed one on troll. BTW.... it didn't help that our fresh bait was soooooo sogggy you couldn't keep it on the hook.(over a 1 week old)

The Key is FRESH BAIT!!!

Well, Hopefully I will be able to make Saturday's event. I am sure gonna try.

mikesocean

mamachipy
04-26-2011, 06:47 PM
60-63,,,,,yesssssssss!!!!

cutbait
04-26-2011, 07:19 PM
good effort in the wind..

Lesson one on tournament pre-fishing reports as follows......

Either it was Wide open and fish hit anything.... OR skunk,,,, no fish caught, lake turned over, lake lice made trolling impossible, floating weeds all over... etc etc

Never ever tell the truth the week of a tournament.....

:-]

Pelagic
04-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Is there any website that has info on the tournament? Is there camping on this lake?

I've only driven by Pyramid, but I may head up this weekend.

IN2DEEP
04-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Is there any website that has info on the tournament? Is there camping on this lake?

I've only driven by Pyramid, but I may head up this weekend.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?55236-StriperFest-2011-Pyramid-Lake-Sat-april-30th-Sign-UP-!

Come on out and join the festivities
We'll have use of the group campsite for Sat. night

karlow
04-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Hey
Thanks for the pre-fish info.
Has anyone consided the parking issue?
Are we ging to have enough parking in the camping area for a couple of dozen rigs?

KP

laserbrn
04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
I doubt that the campgrounds will really be packed in this weekend. Before memorial day it's usually pretty empty. I also booked a campsite for the night as I have a group of about 8 people coming up. Figured why not just turn this into a thing? Of course that unfortunately means no boat for me :( too many peeps.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-28-2011, 01:13 PM
time on the water ='s fish....ur doing just that...

1 is better than none....

nice job in a tough scenario : )

fish-o-haulic
04-28-2011, 02:08 PM
At least you landed something good job Mikeocean. hey gary sorry i wont make it to striperfest this year, planned on going but last minute family plans poped up, my aunt and her kids who rarely get to visit us because they live in escondido is coming to stay the whole weekend. I did plan on coming with my uncle and possibly my grandfather. Tell me how it goes.

Hitts0n
05-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Well no skunk here!! Imma start getting back on this lake to slay it!!