PDA

View Full Version : Quick One @ Carlsbad....4-26-11

murrieta angler
04-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Had to meet my general contractor down in Escondido at 9:00 so I decided I would hit the surf on the way to a low tide.
Arrived around 10:00 and conditions were decent, water temp was 64, swell was maybe 2-4 ft, surf head high (but out a bit), and wind wasn't too bad, maybe 7-10 mph.
I started casting a LC, in Metallic Sardine, and after 30 minutes I get that nice thump that had been avoiding me for a while;
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0426111029.jpg
It measured out at 18", NICE!!!
Threw the LC out again and after 7-8 casts I got another one;
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/downsized_0426111021.jpg
It to was 18". Man it felt good to get those 2 in such a short time.
I continued for another 30 minutes when I brought in a small, 8-10 inch, YFC. No picture as I let it go while I was in the surf.
That would be it for the day. Tide was real low and the structure was exposed. So I packed it in at 11:30 and called it a day.
I decided to replenish some LC's over at my bait shop in Oceanside. I bought 2 in Anchovie, 110's and 1 in Metallic Sardine, 130.
I also bought some swimmies, what Eddie (Hesbros) calls, "Spottie Specials"..:Big Grin:
I will be out there again tomorrow and see what happens at the high tide going out.
Take care,
Robert
<><

klocked
04-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Robert, way to shock & awe those butts!!

Wish I could make it down there tomorrow
unfortunately, I have another commitment
involving making some money!! yay!
Thanks for the invite though

Which Way Out
04-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Wow Robert your on em early this season. I wish you would send some of that warm water up here. I don't mind waring my waders but I like the summer time better. Water here has been around 56-58 and up and down.

Jaysuuun
04-26-2011, 06:38 PM
That's a nice short session. I need to get some LC 130's for those high swell days. The spottie special is a go to swimmie for a lot of people. Can't go wrong with that pattern. That color seems to catch everything.:Cool:

Troutman65
04-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Nice going on your surf session. Thanks for sharing . Got a new set up for the surf today and I am going to give it a try.

flyngby
04-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Robert,

Nice little session!

Wish my work lead me to the ocean now and then but that is few and far between when the Malibu Hills is experiencing some big Flame Fronts racing down the slopes for the big Pacific Fuel Break to extinguish it!

Congrats on the 2 Flatties.

We were not playing games with you about that swimmie being a spottie special! # 15 in the third group on this link is the one!

http://www.swimbait.com/collections.htm

Thanks for the report!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif.

cjmedina
04-26-2011, 08:02 PM
I just texted you man .. way to go on the short session

ryryk
04-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Way to go Robert!
I really need to pull out the LC from my backpack! It is always with me but I never fish it.
Thanks for the report

Newfishsmell
04-26-2011, 08:54 PM
That's a good looking pair of twins there MA
Good luck tomorrow ...

DockRat
04-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Lifes a Beach, WTG
DR

ghetto dad
04-27-2011, 07:30 AM
NICE job brother....way to slay a couple with the short sesh!!!

i call bs on the croaker..no pics! LOL

GD

n1ckxlam
04-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Robert! nice report man, feels good to pull on them halis!

ghetto dad
04-27-2011, 08:16 AM

i wouldnt know..i still havent caught anything on my LC's :( i need some spots..lol

GD

iLLest
04-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Nice surprise attack on the enemy squadron Rob.
Some hali's in a short period of time will makes any persons day!

i wouldnt know..i still havent caught anything on my LC's :( i need some spots..lol

GD

be patient my friend, once you do, your gona wish you had used them ever since you began fishing. :Secret:

Swank909
04-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Nice fish Robert, glad to see you havent lost your touch. Lol ""Spottie Special"" too funny

Wingnut
04-27-2011, 11:05 AM
You're killing me with the instant picture text reports! :Envious:
Makes me want to hop on a flight to come home and hit the surf! :LOL:
Nice session Robert.

Lipripper93561
04-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Nice quick session in the surf....and with results. Hope to get out there is weekend, weather looks like it's gonna be a nice one. Tight lines.
Chris

murrieta angler
04-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Robert, way to shock & awe those butts!!

Wish I could make it down there tomorrow
unfortunately, I have another commitment
involving making some money!! yay!
Thanks for the invite though
It's cool John,
You gotta do what you gotta do.
Robert
<><

Wow Robert your on em early this season. I wish you would send some of that warm water up here. I don't mind waring my waders but I like the summer time better. Water here has been around 56-58 and up and down.
After this warm weather session, all the water temps are gonna go up.
Robert
<><

That's a nice short session. I need to get some LC 130's for those high swell days. The spottie special is a go to swimmie for a lot of people. Can't go wrong with that pattern. That color seems to catch everything.:Cool:
Hey Jason,
I hope the spottie special work well, I need an 18"er..hehe
Robert
<><

Nice going on your surf session. Thanks for sharing . Got a new set up for the surf today and I am going to give it a try.
Good for you Patrick,
Good Luck and if you need anything shoot me a PM.
Robert
'<><

Robert,

Nice little session!

Wish my work lead me to the ocean now and then but that is few and far between when the Malibu Hills is experiencing some big Flame Fronts racing down the slopes for the big Pacific Fuel Break to extinguish it!

Congrats on the 2 Flatties.

We were not playing games with you about that swimmie being a spottie special! # 15 in the third group on this link is the one!

http://www.swimbait.com/collections.htm

Thanks for the report!

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif.
Hey Steve,
Let's hope that Malibu doesn't go up again, you remember last time that happened?!
Robert
<><

I just texted you man .. way to go on the short session
Carlos, I was in bed when you texted me.
I did text you back the next morning.
Robert
<><

Way to go Robert!
I really need to pull out the LC from my backpack! It is always with me but I never fish it.
Thanks for the report
Ryan,
Why have it if you don't use it?!
Get it out and start catching some Halibuts!!
Robert
<><

That's a good looking pair of twins there MA
Good luck tomorrow ...
Thanks Chuck,
Robert
<><

Lifes a Beach, WTG
DR
I look forward to the day I can call a beach city my home again.
Robert
<><

NICE job brother....way to slay a couple with the short sesh!!!

i call bs on the croaker..no pics! LOL

GD
LOL,
Thanks GD.
Robert
<><

Nick,
It will feel even better pulling on some Tuna this year.
Robert
<><

GD

Nice surprise attack on the enemy squadron Rob.
Some hali's in a short period of time will makes any persons day!

be patient my friend, once you do, your gona wish you had used them ever since you began fishing. :Secret:
Thanks Frank.
Robert
<><

Nice fish Robert, glad to see you havent lost your touch. Lol ""Spottie Special"" too funny
Hay Dan,
What's so funny, I don't get it?!?
Robert
<><

You're killing me with the instant picture text reports! :Envious:
Makes me want to hop on a flight to come home and hit the surf! :LOL:
Nice session Robert.
Arthur,
My secret plan is working...bwaaa haaa haaa
Robert
<><

Nice quick session in the surf....and with results. Hope to get out there is weekend, weather looks like it's gonna be a nice one. Tight lines.
Chris

It's supposed to be really sweet Chris,
Hopefully the surf and swell stay small.
Robert
<><