PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 4/25

hookonthelipchris
04-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Well me and my friend drove up to castaic to test his boat out and get a little fishing done. but when we got there the guy said they weren't launching any boats because of the wind. So we got the heck out of there and drove up to pyramid and it was just as windy but they let us right on the lake because there cool and don't care about safety as much:Wink:. We drove to a cove out of the wind and anchored and I caught a nice bass first cast pretty much as it hit the water. and then another nice one not long after that. I was using a drop shot with a robo worm. after awhile we wanted to move so we started driving around the lake looking for a spot and the wind had died down alot and was actually starting to be a nice day. We stopped at spanish beach to eat and drink when I spotted a school of fish near the shore so I moved up to them and was surprised to see that they were trout so I run to the boat to get my poll and hook up a little kastmaster. I turn around and they are gone so I just start casting all over the place but no luck. Then I put some garlic powerbait on with some garlic sent and with five minutes I had one. Very nice 1 1/2 pound trout with colorfull greens and dark pink line, it had to be in there for some time. Got my line back out again and same thing but after that there was nothing and the wind started picking up again so we got out of there. And all that time my friend was doing the same thing as me and not catching damn thing. Just wasn't his day.

fish-o-haulic
04-26-2011, 01:54 PM
good for you sucks for your freind. were they largemouth you caught.