PDA

View Full Version : Pic heavy. The short version of the last 4 days

mudskipper76
04-26-2011, 01:55 AM
it was a weekend and some! fished big bear on friday. with crappie jigs we caught lots, lost lots. white was the go to color for me. there is still a good amount of fish hanging around.

visited indio to pay my respects to the lords of metal saturday. 6 hours of slayer, metallica, anthrax, and megadeth will put the hurt on you. missed anthrax but slayer, well what can i say, crushed it!!! megadeth still rocks although mustain is looking pretty haggard. metallica was slightly disappointing. kirk hammett kept it real but they just aren't what they used to be.

skinned a rattlesnake on sunday. much easier to do than i thought. stir fried the critter up today. tasty! it tastes nothing like chicken but more like a sea creature of some sort. certain parts were chewy like calamari while others were extremely tender. i recommend everyone try it.

got in a successful ninja mission in tonight (senkos, were the ticket).

Rapala17
04-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Those Big Bear Trout are beautiful. Nice big tails and solid colors with great speckles. I have had Rattlesnake before, its like chicken. Where did you Ninja?

Bent Rods For Life,
Rapala17

reservoir dog
04-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Awesome pics and that's one hell of a weekend. Caught some fish and you saw some live bands play...NICE!!!

LuvThymetal
04-26-2011, 11:55 PM
I wish I could of been there for the BIG 4. Nice fish btw

mudskipper76
04-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Those Big Bear Trout are beautiful. Nice big tails and solid colors with great speckles. I have had Rattlesnake before, its like chicken. Where did you Ninja?

Bent Rods For Life,
Rapala17

rapala17 there are different spots i like to ninja. pm sent

smokehound
04-29-2011, 07:37 AM
good to see someone else enjoys rattlesnake meat! I used to hunt for them a few years back, no permit or fishing license needed!

kaneo
04-29-2011, 07:53 AM
good to see someone else enjoys rattlesnake meat! I used to hunt for them a few years back, no permit or fishing license needed!
you can come over to my house, we have a BUNCH of rattlers... i see you cut the head off too... we use shovels to kill them when they come in our yard... never tried to eat them... you have a pretty good size one there... biggest we have got was one with 18 rattles, and about 5' long and FAT, but the end was missing a few rattles... my neighbor just got a baby yesterday.... watch out for the small one's as they have no rattles and they can also inject ALL THEIR venom in one bite... very dangerous... my wife was gardening and clearing some vines, when she came up with a handfull of baby rattler... needless to say, i get the gardening chores now... lol.

Troutman65
04-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Nice trout !! Fun weekend for sure .

mudskipper76
04-29-2011, 08:07 PM

i'd always wanted to try it and am glad i did! working on tanning the hide right now.