PDA

View Full Version : Jetti fishing

Kidfish
04-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Has anyone fished the surfside jetty of PCH and what should I use there

DockRat
04-27-2011, 06:28 AM
Has anyone fished the surfside jetty of PCH and what should I use there

What jetty ? Town of Surfside or a jetty facing the surf side ?

This Surfside ?

Surfside, CA (looking southeast toward Huntington Beach)Surfside (or Surfside Colony) is a small gated community with three rows of houses, lettered A, B, and C. Surfside is part of the city of Seal Beach, California and is located on the west side of Pacific Coast Highway, southwest of the Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach between the station and the unincorporated Orange County, California community of Sunset Beach. It is also near the Huntington Beach community of Huntington Harbour. The southern entrance to the Surfside Colony is easy to spot by the water tower (which was built into a house) that can be seen from Pacific Coast Highway.

Kidfish
04-27-2011, 08:15 AM
the jetty facing surfside it is the jetty off anhiem bay but is by seal beach got confused is it any good there

smokehound
04-28-2011, 01:53 AM
the jetty facing surfside it is the jetty off anhiem bay but is by seal beach got confused is it any good thereThere are better jetties. i think you would have alot more fun at newport's jetties.. if one doesnt produce, you could just try another one, and repeat until you find some fish..

I'm gonna be headed there myself, possibly today. Gonna be looking for some sharks!

for sharks/shovelnose/thornbacks/batrays: Mackerel, mussels, Squid, Sardines (Halibut occasionally bite on cut-bait, but these wont be legal-- most are around 13-inches, etc)

for Sargo, Surfperch, Croakers--> Mussel, Sandcrabs, lugworms, or market-shrimp (shell-on, raw) And ghost shrimp.

You can purchase live ghost shrimp and lugworms at BigFish tackle on seal beach blvd and Pacific coast highway, it's generally nice and fresh. You get a dozen per container.

be aware that sharks and shovelnose also enjoy ghost-shrimp and mussel, so bring a heavy pole with you as well..