PDA

View Full Version : Lake Skinner 4-22-11

Fysher
04-25-2011, 11:16 AM
SKUNK!!!

Bro and I got there at 6:30am, rented a boat, geared up, cruised to ramp 2 area, nothing going on, moved to the inlet (water was flowing) so I thought it might be a good area, used anchovies, chicken liver, night crawlers, and sardines. There swimbaits and rat-l-traps, nothing. Then saw a school of fish so threw my white swimbait out to it, nothing, school disappeared. After a few minutes, the school appeared again. Long story short. Saw schools of fish (something crashed on them once) for a good few hours until the sun came out then they disappeared. Later found out that they were stripers because we cut one of the schools off and when I looked in the water, I just saw a bunch of stripers swimming under the boat and then disappeared.

This was my second time here and first time using my brand new fish finder (I got to get familiar with it) both time skunk. Hopefully once I get this fish finder dialed in, hopefully I can get on some fish.

A question, I have the piranhamax 170 Fish Finder, do I just put the transducer in the water or is there something that I have to mount it to and adjust the direction?

Thanks.