PDA

View Full Version : Daiwa T3 transformer

tacklejunkie
04-24-2011, 11:05 PM
http://daiwafishing.com.au/?p=7528

Like? Dislike? Comments? Gimmick? Terminator or Transformer?

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac106/reptilemantis/t31.jpg

What can possibly come after Mag force Z?! Lols

tacklejunkie
04-24-2011, 11:18 PM
vid
Looks like they claim 5.3% increase in cast distance, but I'm not fluent in Japanese. :Sad:
http://toscaniaspinning.forumcommunity.net/?t=44466563

Also that's an amazingly low profile for a real with transforming features like that.

Skyler
04-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Now they just need to add a laser rangefinder and a computerized distance control, lol.

tacklejunkie
04-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Yeah I was kinda thinking that's a lot of fuss for only 5% increase?
That must not be right.

Well hopefully it's salt friendly, the extra 5% MIGHT come in handy at the beach? lol

Looks sexy though and Daiwa is never afraid to innovate. The 3D magforce looks neat and weight saving. I can't figure out if they are saying it will be released worldwide or just in Japan exactly.

DarkShadow
04-26-2011, 09:13 AM
I'd rather have the Zaion version of the Steez with the 3D magforce and new level wind

Jaysuuun
04-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Cool looking reel. I'd like to give it a try, but I think that extra feature would compromise durability. Just an added mechanical feature that could fail or snap off if dropped in the casting position. Cool idea though.:Cool:

calico killer kevin
04-26-2011, 07:26 PM
I'd rather have the Zaion version of the Steez with the 3D magforce and new level wind
Personally, I don't think Zaion is much different from the MG. What I'd really like to see is an Aluminum Steez at a lower pricepoint which I do not doubt for this year's iCast. I think it would be priced right below the Zillion and I do believe Daiwa will release a Sol-nice filling reel at around the same pricepoint.

BassFreak
04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Personally, I don't think Zaion is much different from the MG. What I'd really like to see is an Aluminum Steez at a lower pricepoint which I do not doubt for this year's iCast. I think it would be priced right below the Zillion and I do believe Daiwa will release a Sol-nice filling reel at around the same pricepoint.

not a big fan of Zaion, it feels less rigid than MG and might be prone to flex messing up with the tolerances. perhaps int he future they will improve the recipe, but until then.

Check out the Quantum smoke, it really is an aluminium Steez at the price point you are looking for. exactly what youre looking for!

BassFreak
04-27-2011, 12:07 PM
I would love to try out this 3D Magforce, and hood line guide contraption thinggy but at the price point Daiwa is releasing them, it would be a pretty expensive experiment. the $#itty dollar doesnt help matters. If anything, I hope the release of these new reels drive the price of old favorites down.

Nessie Hunter
04-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Check out the Quantum smoke,!

LMOA ~Zebco/Quantum~ ??? Choy Boy, give me a break!!!! ROTFLMAO !!!!!

BassFreak
04-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Hehe Nessie, They are actually quite decent. very "steez" like only not as refined. I had a pair as i was looking for a low cost alternative for saltwater bassing since 99% of my reels are MG and supposedly not saltwater safe. I mean, of course its not a steez, but for 1/2-1/3 the price they worked pretty well. I cannot comment on durability tho as i only had them for 4 months as i had the oppurtunity to upgrade. so dont come to me if they turn to dust in 6 months of use.. lol..

DarkShadow
04-27-2011, 02:23 PM
LMOA ~Zebco/Quantum~ ??? Choy Boy, give me a break!!!! ROTFLMAO !!!!!

Haha, hey, the sun shines on a dog's ∂ss once in a while, right?

I felt the same way with Abu Garcias. During the early 90s, I went through six of them, and all of them had issues in one way or the other.

I wouldn't get an Abu today, even if it was given to me free, but apparently they've made some changes and a lot of people love 'em today.

Frankly, I wouldn't know. I guess the saying is correct.

You only get six chances to make six impressions, or something.

tacklejunkie
04-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Ugh the new abu rod with the aluminum reel lock ring no way I'd EVER pay $100 for that rod to scratch the hell out of one of my reel feet the instant I put it on.

WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING?

OUCH!
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Abu_Garcia_Veritas_Casting_Rods/descpage-AGVRC.html

calico killer kevin
04-27-2011, 11:44 PM
The Smoke, an aluminum Steez? I laugh now, but I will keep that in mind. Admittedly, I have not picked up a Smoke, or even a Quantum reel in years, since SoCal is dominated by Daiwa and Shimano, and pretty much the only place to handle a non Daiwa or Shimano reel is BPS. I do however, acknowledge fully that pretty much every reel company has a quality reel at an advantageous price point nowadays. Though, I just purchased a second D7, I will probably end up purchasing a Pfleuger Patriarch, then an Abu Premier, both of which I have heard numerous times as the "shizz", especially the Premier. This is, of course, if I don't get strangled by the monkey into buying a Conquest 100...

To TJ, I know what you mean. I really like their rods for the price point, especially for their "internet" prices, but those Aluminum locking rings are quite the kryptonite. That white Veritas would look SIIIICK with my D7. What you could do though, is srap some electrical tape to the forward foot of your reel. This would solve the problem as well as help retain pressure.

Wow, this thread has an unnerving sense of nostalgia, huh? Great to hear from the guys again.

tacklejunkie
04-28-2011, 07:12 AM
I suppose the locring can be defeated but sheesh they crazy just thinking they can pull that off on a $100 rod.
I do like the white rods but that lock ring scared me away for sure.

I picked up the $100 carrot offering w/ micro guides instead and some bunk plastic knockoff real seat and much happier. (You'll not they don't show the micros but now come with them anyways, see the reviews)
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/E21_Carrot_Stix_Wild_Casting_Rods/descpage-CSWX.html
Couldn't be happier so far. Light as hell and matches my steez and black widow II pretty well For c-baits.

I'd love to see some American market finesse baitcasters hit mainstream. I really need a 6lb baitcaster.
I don't like feeding my Sol 200yrds of Seaguar.

tacklejunkie
04-28-2011, 07:15 AM
I really want a conquest 50 or 50dc =P
Neeeds moneys for new drop shot baitcaster rig.
Who wants to buy my Fuego 1500A spinning reel for like $240, excellent condition 9.5/10 just a paint scratch from my third grip rod holder.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Shimano-CALCUTTA-CONQUEST-51DC-New-Model-/270733727401?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f08fcd6a9