PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake breaks my Skunk 4/23/11

Kelster
04-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Left the house early only to run into some of the thickest fog that I have encountered in a long time. Didn't even get past Crestline and had to pull over for about an hour for the sun to come up so that I could see where I was going. Finally got up to the North Shore about 7:00 AM to face wind and freezing cold. Didn't hang at this spot too long, too cold and windy. Back tracked a bit and found a spot only to find a big rock in front of me and heavy brush on either side. Decided to wet my line and landed my first fish within 15 minutes. The guy next to me said he was using a 3+ foot leader so I tied up some longer leaders and game on. Only farmed one due to the brush and had a pretty good day. All the fish had reddish/pink flesh and mighty tasty when I got home and fried one up.:Big Grin:

diamondbear
04-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Man , Iam telling you its the best BBL fishing in a while . Iam glad you made it thru that fog , at one time I was going like 5 mph towing my boat and hoping no one was going to slam me from behind , ha Glad you did good . Next week a warming trend .