PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 4/21 Good Day

TheTrueFisherman
04-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Was a hell of a day out there on Skinner even though the weather was crappy. I had to go out there anyway and it paid off. All in all we probably had 10 LMB caught. Most were 2 to 3 pounds, but i landed a behemoth and my friend caught a nice bass too. Not to mention how many worms i had ripped off. We lost quite a few on top of what we caught. I'm not mad cause i landed the biggest i've caught in my life. I did grow up in Ohio so since i've moved out here i've been waiting for a biggin like him. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come during this season. Good luck to all and happy fishing. Keep on catching and releasing so that those after us can enjoy one of the greatest pastimes.

GdHkSet1
04-23-2011, 04:45 PM
congrats on youe PB-LMB, thats a good one...

NFCD I
04-24-2011, 07:47 AM
What a great day. Congradulations on you PB. Were you flipping soft plastics in the reeds?

Sublime-Steve
04-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Whoa... u should make the pic bigger if u can.. we all wanna guess the weight man.. lol NICE FIIISH!

fishmounter
04-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Very nice bass, congrats! The photo is too small though.

TheTrueFisherman
04-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah sorry bout the size of the pic, it looks like i'm going to have to start taking a camera with me. My phone took that one and it just didn't cut it. I'm estimating he was every bit of 9 lbs and then some maybe bigger but i can't say for sure. Bottom line he was a big SOB! And as for the question about the reeds...i think the bigger fish don't hang out directly on the reeds. It was windy and we were hugging the reeds when i caught him. They like to patrol the edges of the drop line. Look for open flats with deep water nearby and fish parallel to the drop line. It would also seem that when the weather is bad is when the big guys are out so don't be afraid to go out on a poor weather day. Anything can happen and anything is game! That's what's great about fishing!

NFCD I
04-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the help. I hope to be at Skinner in the next week or so. I had a replica made of a 10.7 I caught at Perris. Your fish is a very very close second. A fish of a life time for most of us.

ghetto dad
04-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Nice bass brother...great job

GD