PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon 4/22

eggot
04-22-2011, 09:20 PM
It's been a F**cked up *** week and a half so I decided to have an afternoon therapy session. That's the amazing thing about fishing, if you're catching, you're not thinking about anything else other than landing that fish and if you're not, you have nature, peace, and quiet to clear your mind. Plus its Good Friday and I figured fishing was the most enjoyable thing I could do without me feeling guilty. (Passing up a party with drunk horny sorority girls tonight in attempt to be a decent Catholic....asdjfasdhfajdfajsdfasdjahdfak!!!!!!)

Hit up the lake around 4pm and worked spot 1 for a little over an hour. Got two there. Then worked spot 2 until 7-ish. Nailed 3 in the 2nd spot and they were pretty decent bass. All 3 actually fought better than my pb that I got in the lagoon on 4/5. Woulda had 6, but the last one got wrapped around a bush and broke off.

Also started laying them down next to my rod after my first fish and estimated lengths with a taper measurer when I got home. Put up 2 pics of the 2nd fish to show the difference b/w lipped pic & laying pic. Solid day in terms of numbers and quality of bass. All were over 12'' and the last 3 went 14 1/2'', 16'', and 17'' (again estimates, but tried to be as accurate as possible). Lastly, don't clown on the ghetto $20 Berkeley rod and old school hand me down shimano IX 2000R reel setup. **** is legit, taken so many beatings for 10+ years and still works fine, lol =P.

Edit: Also for those that want an update on lake conditions, water level is finally going down, I'd say at least a few feet from the last time I was there and the wind wasn't as bad as Weather.com said it would be. When I checked while driving over there, it said it was blowing sws up to 24mph, but it was nowhere near that bad..

Shore Stalker
04-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the report. Those pics and the water level report is all I need to hear. Watch out Bed Stalkers. For It will be I giving you the Evil Eye as you take your place in line come marrow!

eggot
04-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Glad to know my report helped someone Shore. Just returning the favor since you gave me some info a couple days earlier. Anyways did a morning session today and worked my *** off for 1 bass. Missed so many hooksets too so overall frustrating. Worked both lakes with a lot of walking and climbing up and down steep embankments. I was reminded on why I never fish this lake on the weekends. The surf fisherman were in full force. Im a typical C&R guy but I don't hate if you keep fish long as it's legit. Yet when people are keeping eveything they catch regardless if it's wayyy undersized and they constantly litter on top of that, then it does get kinda annoying. Not everyone though, some were pretty cool.

Took a pic of the only one I got, but not worth posting. It looks like the one of the better ones I caught above. Probably in the low 2lb range.

reservoir dog
04-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Amen eggot, fishing is therapy! We all want to catch fish but even if you skunk you can still appreciate the environment and find peace of mind. I think a lot anglers tend to overlook the beauty of nature while out on the water. Nice catch!!!