PDA

View Full Version : Corona report 4/21

Rot8
04-22-2011, 07:32 AM
3 of us rented a pontoon yesterday and were on the lake by 6:45. Went to our spot across the boat docks and put our lines in. Fishing was extremely slow for a day after stocking. I believe the water is getting too warm for the trout. I metered the temperature at 69 when we first arrived and leveled off at 71 when we left in the afternoon. We caught seven all together and farmed one. All the fish were caught before 10 am. After that the bite shut off. Everyone around us in boats displayed no action, maybe an occasional one or two if they were lucky. The trout were showing signs of distress by jumping out of the water. It was really disappointing since we saw the video stock from Wednesday. They really put some nice fish in this week. Sadly, I think they will be wasted because I really think the fish are laboring from the warmer temperatures. It is really interesting that the fish we did catch were on the smaller size. I think the big ones are not moving around much and are struggling.

Anyways, I want to thank Corona Lakes for an awesome season. They are one of the best stocking lakes around!