PDA

View Full Version : First Post/First time at Pudd

speedyx14
04-21-2011, 11:02 PM
I've been lurking here for a couple weeks and finally put plant to action and signed up a few days ago :Big Grin:

Wednesday night Me and my GF decided to camp at East Shore RV park for some late night/early morning fishing. She's on Spring break and has been wanting to get a taste of camping and I had been wanting to check out the Pudd for the very first time(new to SoCal) and get in on some panfish action, so we decided to kill two birds with one stone. This would be her second time fishing. I took her to Lake Castaic a few weeks ago and she got skunked so I was hoping we could finally land her first fish.

It was starting to get dark so I hurried and got our equipment together and started at the nearest spot to our campsite. 3rd cast: Bam! hooked a Blue Gill and reeled him in. He was a little guy but I figured it would be a good night because I'd never caught a fish so fast in my life. I continued to fish that spot, but failed to get another bite. Me and my GF continued to fish the Eastern shore for about two more hours to no avail. We decided to pack it in for the night and get the fire going. The only thing of note at our campsite was the countless number of skunks who were comfortable enough to prance up to our camp. One of the little stinkers even got spooked and decided to spray :Shocked:

I woke up at dawn and continued to fish along the East shore with no luck. My GF joined me a few hrs later and decided to get in on the action. I put a crappie jig on her pole and we continued south on the Eastern shore towards the piers. Just when we were near the pier and figuring it was time to pack this trip in, she called out to me "Matt! I think I got one." I was just thinking that this was another incident of her line getting stuck until I she pointed out to me that the bobber that I'd given her was completely submerged. I dropped my pole and ran over and said, "come on reel it in" as the Largemouth jumped out of the water. She had a look of terror and excitement in her eyes as she reeled the juvenile in(No marvel for a LMB).

With Her first LMB bringing a much needed shot in the arm, I think it's safe to say that we have another convert to the sport.

I saw a one other person catch a Bass, and another guy catch a Blue gill. We definitely had a trip to remember. Even though we didn't catch a whole lot, we had a great experience. I hope to make a trip out to Puddingstone again sometime soon.

Ifishtoolittle
04-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Sounds like you and your GF had a nice trip to remember and that's just awesome. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the FNN.

Hometown
04-21-2011, 11:16 PM
congrats on getting your girl into fishing it sounds like you two had a great time as the water gets warmer those pan fish will get going

CHOPIZ
04-22-2011, 04:51 PM
I seen that bro!my buddie and i were on a basshunter floating infront of you guys!nich hook up

old pudd fisher
04-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Very nice first post it was fun to read. Just waiting for my knee to get better so I can get back to fishing, thanks and welcome to the FNN.

speedyx14
04-23-2011, 01:22 AM
I seen that bro!my buddie and i were on a basshunter floating infront of you guys!nich hook up

Oh yeah! I remember you guys. I recall seeing you hook into a bass yourselves. It's great to know that many of the people who fish Pudd are members here. I'll try to be more talkative next time.:Big Grin:

CHOPIZ
04-23-2011, 01:34 PM
YA CHECK OUT:PB from The Pudd 4/17/2011 posted by sgt skunk.those r picks from last sunday.