PDA

View Full Version : off target

efishent
04-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Was able to get out this morning to see if any more halis are getting in the zone.
Started just north of Ventura, visibility about 1.5 ft. Fisrt cast – hook up – solid bsp, nice. Walked to an area nearby that I remember being full of sharks in winter. It also is home to rays as it stays on a calmer side(I got stung there few years ago). The rationale was: if rays like it – may be the buts will too?

Fist cast into the area- hook-up into something massive, a quick pull and off it goes with my LC. I suspect a shark, tie my last old LC and start casting and walking quickly realizing that the bottom under my feet is moving with life. SO they are still here – might as well get a little revenge for my lost lure and a workout- started casting shallower and driving LC faster– second cast – hook up solid.

This lasted a good 15 minutes – back and forth, around the rocks and between the seaweed patches. Finally slide in a big showel on the shallows- can you dig it? I couldn’t anymore, took a break, realizing my old LC took a beating and out of 3 trebles I have 2 with 5 points total. Oh well, off to the next spot.

The next spot was so murky; I left almost immediately going north. Found some incredibly clear water, Island-style just 3-4 miles away and started working the beach. NO hookups but the scenery under water made up for it: 5-6 ft Leo cruising around me ( I nearly snapped a picture), crabs walking on sand and what looked like small schools of 3-5 lb size corbinas running around picking things in the shallows. But no halibut. Drove into SB county somewhat and was met with wicked wind with windcaps and windswell, turned around and it was still calm in the home county but thoughts of lunch and dry clothing started to persist in my head so I called it good.

Halislayer
04-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Nice pics! great report !! Gotta love them LC's! Worth every dollar...cept when ya lose em..

DockRat
04-22-2011, 06:39 AM
On fire with the Guitar.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n287/Razorback_300/hendrix.jpg

murrieta angler
04-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Dang efishent,
I thought my LC's got beat up.
I have about half a dozen hanging in the garage.
I just buy new ones, seems the fish prefer the shiny new ones over the beat up ones.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Wingnut
04-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Mr. Wiggles can put up quite a fight, especially those bigger ones.
Many hearts have been broken (including mine) to see one of those things come out of the surf instead of a big Flattie. :Neutral: :Evil: :mad:
Keep up the good work out there! :Cool:

JapanRon
04-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Hi efishent,

Nice. You guys sure loose a lot of those LCs. Ever find any that others have lost ?!

JapanRon

flyngby
04-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Nice work on the Wiggles!

I been fooled a few times thinking it was a big Butt!

Nice pull non the less.

Steve http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1122.gif.

DockRat
04-23-2011, 05:47 AM
Hi efishent,

Nice. You guys sure loose a lot of those LCs. Ever find any that others have lost ?!

JapanRon

Anything to help Japan recover Ron.
DR

Jaysuuun
04-23-2011, 08:20 PM
SNGF aren't the most highly sought after, but they can sure put up a good fight. Would have loved to try for the beans.:Cool: