PDA

View Full Version : Isabella 4-21 skunk, kern river skunk, hart park blue gill

I Rocha
04-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Started at the auxillary dam around 730 am, threw lures, pb and crawlers for nada

hit kissack for about an hour, skunk city, same for "paradise" cove-skunksville

My main motivation for today was to get my teanage bro and his friend out my parents house for a day-these boys are call of duty xbox addicts so they needed a little outdoors.

Anyways, left isabella around 1230 pm with a skunk, which is rare because isabella usually produces something but oh well-didnt see anyone else catching anything and weather wasnt great

So next move, i figure we go on a little hike. Hit the patch corner trail on the lower kern and fished a few spots for nada. Water is RAGING and part of the trail was flooded. Threw lures and crawlers for nothing, but hiked the whole trail which was fun.

So promising to put these boys on some fish, we hit hart park and surprisingly caught 2 nice bluegill-well, they did- i remained with the skunk stripe down my back but overall, mission accomplished.

Got a sunburn, my legs are tired, but got these kids out the house

And i finally got to fish again

nismotech91
04-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Good stuff! Camp 9 is a solid producer from shore! Might wanna try that side of the lake out.

Fishin Magician
04-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Heading out this morning. Hopefully they are biting today.

madwire3
04-22-2011, 04:20 PM
whats the word on crappie up there they hitting yet?

Bassnman Mike
04-22-2011, 06:14 PM

One word, YES

madwire3
04-22-2011, 07:27 PM
so there!!! been waiting all fall winter and spring for this :)

I Rocha
04-22-2011, 08:15 PM

saw a few guys fishing minnows at kissack, they didnt catch anything. I tried jigs for nothing as well. Ive read reports of crappie biting but im sure its far better from boat or tube than from shore.

Fishin Magician
04-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Didn't get out. Wind was bad all weekend. Looks like my window of opportunity starts Wednesday. Weather is warming up and it should bust open. Water needs to warm up a couple degrees. Look for a report this week.