PDA

View Full Version : 1st report : lagoon crappi

THEBIGSTEELER
04-21-2011, 07:50 AM
I had an itch to go out and fish yesterday so i called my dad to see if he wanted to go and test out the waters.... and he was glad to ablige... so off we go to the lake and were in the water by 10am... started off slow drifting and ds some nightcrawlers and throwing a c rig ribbontail... an hours worth of no love...( i think our leaders were to short???).. anyway reeled em up and set out trolling a fluke and a lc pointer for bass... within minutes pops is on a hookup get him in quick and its a huge crappi... dammm... turn the boat around and make another pass and at the end of the pass i hookup get it in and another big ##### crappi.. longer than 12" and probably 2lbs... turn around and make another two passes and nada so we trolled the ssouth side of the lake and cut back across to where we hooked up before and on the second pass i hook again another huge crappi... wow,... after that the wind picked up and we headed in... all in all a good day with my dad... made some calls and found marine mike looking for a fish dinner so my dad met up with him and got mike the fish... its gonna heat up soon... and i will learn how to catch bass!!!!!!!

Slick Rick
04-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Nice report!

Thanks for sharing.

-Rick

BIGBASS MB
04-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Wow!!! Really nice fish, it's fishing season, time to go get them...

KID-FISH
04-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Glad you were able to get out there, those are some nice slabs you caught. I'm itching to break out the tube and nail some of them crappie. Good luck on the bass, you should do well next time you're, they are biting.

Thanks for the report

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Congrats on the black crappies, the lagoon has some serious pigs in there, I've landed many in my years...

It also has some nice grade white crappies as well…

Nice feesh…well done.

Nice 1st report, hopefully 1st of many successful reports : )

Way ta go…..
Stay on the bass, it’ll pick up when overall water temp increases…there are fish to be had but U need to fish hard to get ‘em…

U’ll be on ‘dem LMB in no time..

Good luck and again nice 1st report : )

Gary

Bassnman Mike
04-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Great job Wes! Them crappie sure are tasty!

THEBIGSTEELER
04-21-2011, 09:01 PM
thanks guys for the well wishes... i mainly target stripers but i am branching out to hone in on my overall fishing skills and lmb is next on the list!!!

labjet2000
04-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Seems like you got a handle on the "drift" strategy. Those papermouths can be hard to locate, but apparently you dialed them in. Must have felt like pulling in a big platter on your line from the size of them. I wonder why they don't catch as many slabs on the upper lake as they do on the lagoon... or at least you don't hear about it as much. Anyway, good job.

Big G
04-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Hey bro. How come u never got back to me. U pm ed me and i answered and u never responded.

FishinElectrician
04-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

fishfinder
04-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Seems like you got a handle on the "drift" strategy. Those papermouths can be hard to locate, but apparently you dialed them in. Must have felt like pulling in a big platter on your line from the size of them. I wonder why they don't catch as many slabs on the upper lake as they do on the lagoon... or at least you don't hear about it as much. Anyway, good job.

i have caught baby crappie while trying to net shad before..they were in the cove past the bouy line to the right. i got them when the bouy line was down. all babies were released unharmed.