PDA

View Full Version : Has any one used the rustys preserved shad?

christainmetalhead909
04-20-2011, 05:51 PM
i was wondering if anyone has tried these shad for stripers, or any other fish but mostly stripers haha. and if so how did you have it rigged up and if anyone has had anysuccess with them.

christainmetalhead909
04-20-2011, 05:51 PM
oops post in wrong forum sorry

msos
04-20-2011, 09:25 PM
It's no good. You gonna waste your time and money.

Frequent Flyer
04-20-2011, 09:36 PM
yea ive used them before and the scent is all lik preservatives. ur talkin bout the ones at sports chalet rite?

christainmetalhead909
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM
yea ive used them before and the scent is all lik preservatives. ur talkin bout the ones at sports chalet rite?

ya those one exactly, did you have anyluck with them?

christainmetalhead909
04-21-2011, 04:58 PM
i already bought them a long time ago unfortunatly but i was just wondering when i go to silverwood if they will be worth a cast out or not. i think i have used them in the past without even a bit so i fiigured i would ask around on here. thanks for your reply.

It's no good. You gonna waste your time and money.

horgaszapacban
04-21-2011, 10:13 PM
hey, try the ones in a plastic jar and liquid, the big ones. I once caught 3 stripers right after each other, I guess I found the school and they were having lunch.
these ones, scroll down to no 5222
http://www.magicproducts.com/preservedbaits.htm
I think the ones in the pouch are very dry and hard. I just put them on Carolina rig and run the hook through the head where it's hard.

christainmetalhead909
04-21-2011, 10:48 PM
hey, try the ones in a plastic jar and liquid, the big ones. I once caught 3 stripers right after each other, I guess I found the school and they were having lunch.
these ones, scroll down to no 5222
http://www.magicproducts.com/preservedbaits.htm
I think the ones in the pouch are very dry and hard. I just put them on Carolina rig and run the hook through the head where it's hard.

cool thanks man i might have to try those ones.

Frequent Flyer
04-22-2011, 06:00 PM
i havent caught anything with the baits from sports chalet personally. idk but id rathr just use something else cuz they pissd me off

smokehound
04-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Preserved baits, as a rule, generally perform quite poorly..

Salted mackerel are an exception to this. i've had excellent results with the salted garlic anchovies from liquor stores.

horgaszapacban
04-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Yeah, in fact I never got a bite to the others, I even tried the red ones, small ones, bigger ones, the ones with anise scent. I just saw this big ones in the liquid, they looked quite 'fresh' and I thought I'd give a try. It worked, but probably because the stripers were feeding and they would have attacked anything edible.